none
Unknown part of setValue property

Question

• Hi all,

I am looking to someone else's code (who cannot be contacted anymore). There is a piece of code using the setValue property. I know the parts of the getValue and setValue quite well, but there is something in there that is new for me..

public void setSelectedValue(string AValue)
            {
                this.setValue(Window1, Window1.SelectedPart, AValue);
            }

The new thing is the 'string AValue' and the 'AValue' in general. What does this mean? What happens with this?

I don't know if this should be stated somewhere else, but I hope someone could help me with this and explain what AValue does.

Thanks in advance.

Ganesh

Sunday, April 30, 2017 8:46 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for posting here.

I think that the string AValue is used to confirm again. When the setselectedvalue is equal to original Avalue. The method doesn't set the value again.

To improve efficiency of application.

Best Regards,

Hart

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Hart Wang Wednesday, May 17, 2017 6:41 AM
    • Marked as answer by ganeshgebhard Tuesday, May 23, 2017 2:31 PM
    Wednesday, May 17, 2017 6:41 AM

All replies

• Best quess is SetSelectedValue expects a string as it's sole argument which in turn passes the argument to setValue within the same class. What don't you understand?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Monday, May 1, 2017 12:22 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for posting here.

I think that the string AValue is used to confirm again. When the setselectedvalue is equal to original Avalue. The method doesn't set the value again.

To improve efficiency of application.

Best Regards,

Hart

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by ganeshgebhard Tuesday, May 23, 2017 2:31 PM
    Wednesday, May 17, 2017 6:41 AM