none
data access in class library by vs2017 RRS feed

• General discussion

• seems like vs2017 broke many data access components

I'm stuck at using vs2017, i want to code all my data access in a class library, data source is sql server

i tried system.data.sqlclient 4.3.1, but many stuffs gone or broken, such as dataadapter, datatable, datarow, etc.

any recommendations?

Friday, June 16, 2017 8:18 AM

All replies

• Hi Kelmen,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to your description, your issue is about ADO.NET Managed Providers. Since our forum is to discuss the VS IDE, I will help you move this thread to the appropriate forum: Data Platform Development ADO.NET Managed Providers to seek for a more professional support, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support<br/> Please remember to click &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click &quot;Unmark as Answer&quot; if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact <a href="mailto:MSDNFSF@microsoft.com">MSDNFSF@microsoft.com</a>.

Monday, June 19, 2017 1:59 AM
  • Hi Kelmen,

>>i tried system.data.sqlclient 4.3.1, but many stuffs gone or broken, such as dataadapter, datatable, datarow, etc.

According to your description, it seems that your project target framework is '.NetCoreApp1.1' or '.NetCoreApp1.0', (please right your project -> properties -> target framework)

If you use .NetCore 1.1 or 1.0, From the following link, we know that the feathers are not available

System.Data. While the base layer is already part of .NET Core, i.e. the provider model and SQL client, some features are currently not available, such as schema support and DataTable/DataSet.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/dotnet/2016/02/10/porting-to-net-core/

In addition. it will be available in .NetCore2.0, you could wait for upgrading your project to .NetCore 2.0, you could also use .Net Framework 4.x to achieve it.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/devfish/2017/05/15/exploring-datatable-and-sqldbadapter-in-asp-net-core-2-0/

Best regards,

Cole Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 19, 2017 7:28 AM
  • my initial issue is attempt to use entity framework failed in the new vs2017.

eventually found out the way to do what i intended, and so i no longer required to work the new ado.net.

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fb50dbc0-19c4-43d2-b658-65ba4b1f8097/how-to-use-entity-framework-in-vs2017-for-oldtimer?forum=adodotnetentityframework

• Edited by Kelmen Monday, June 26, 2017 2:32 AM
    Monday, June 26, 2017 2:30 AM