HDP Bluetooth support for Universal app

Question

• Hi

I know there is a similar thread on the forum but with no helpful answer. Actually I'm developing app which should connect to the device through HDP profile. Is it possible to do this with new Win8.1 and WP8.1 API ? I've found a list of supported protocols and profiles for WP8.1 Preview

Protocols
    HCI
    4.0HCI 
    L2CAP
    GAP  
    RFComm
    ATT
    GATT
    SM
    AVDTP 1.2 
    AVCTP1.3 
    Profiles
    A2DP 1.2
    AVRCP 1.4 
    GAVDP 1.2 
    HFP 1.6 
    OPP 1.1 
    PBAP 1.1 

Maybe it can be done using Gatt?

Thanks in advance

Damian

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 10:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Damian,

Not familiar with Bluetooth stuff, but there is some documentation: Devices, in Bluetooth section.

Seems only Bluetooth RFCOMM support HDP Source and HDP sink. I cannot find other documentations.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, July 31, 2014 8:02 AM
  • Thank you for your replay.

Unfortunately, according to the sentence "The RFCOMM API prevents access to the following in-box and invalid services" I could conclude that there is no support for HDP in WIN8.1.

Is it possible to implement HDP profile using SPP or maybe only solution is to wait for new update and hope whether it will support HDP?

Damian

Friday, August 01, 2014 8:50 AM