date time picker & access database RRS feed

• Question

•  
    I am developing an application using vb.net 2005 and access database 2003
    my question is that I am not aple to store the contetnts of the date - time picker to the database unless I try to modify it's values..

How can I store the current date and time of the time picker as defalut values in the access database without need to modify it's contents in the applicatio?.
    Saturday, August 2, 2008 8:19 AM

Answers

• alkhalil albusaidi said:

my question is that I am not aple to store the contetnts of the date - time picker to the database unless I try to modify it's values..

How can I store the current date and time of the time picker as defalut values in the access database without need to modify it's contents in the application?.

Hi,

If you know how to write a DATE value to your database get the DateTimePicker DATE like this.>>

Dim myDate As Date = DateTimePicker1.Value
        'Then write the value held in myDate to your database.

Regards,

John

I have previously been, until recently, an MSP ( Microsoft Student Partner ).
    Sunday, August 3, 2008 2:42 AM

All replies

• I am still looking for answer!!
    Saturday, August 2, 2008 11:11 AM
  • alkhalil albusaidi said:

How can I store the current date and time of the time picker as defalut values in the access database without need to modify it's contents in the application?.

Hi,

If you know how to write a DATE value to your database get the DateTimePicker DATE like this.>>

Dim myDate As Date = DateTimePicker1.Value
        'Then write the value held in myDate to your database.

Regards,

John

I have previously been, until recently, an MSP ( Microsoft Student Partner ).
    Sunday, August 3, 2008 2:42 AM
  • thanks John I will try your way.
    SQU Student
    Sunday, August 3, 2008 5:21 AM