none
Unity kinect example - depth shader RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Carmine,

I would be delighted if you can share the Depth example with shader treatment for unity3D that have been shown during your talk tonight.

Thanks,

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:24 PM

All replies

• Sorry about the delay on this.  You can use this sample.  To use it:

• Unzip the file
    • Under \Assets\Sample run MainScene.unity

That should get you started.  Let us know how it goes.

Ben

Ben Lower [MSFT]

Sunday, July 27, 2014 1:48 AM
  • Hi Ben, would you advise where can I download this sample?
    Wednesday, August 6, 2014 5:21 AM
  • Hi Ben , i'm very interested on that sample, could you tell me where can i download this sample you're talking about.
    Saturday, September 6, 2014 5:22 PM
  • Hi,

Looks like Ben forgot the attachment in his answer.

+1 for the question

-Regards,

Dhruv

Monday, September 15, 2014 6:55 PM
  • Looks like Ben still didn't attach the file yet since 2.5 months ago =x
    Thursday, October 9, 2014 6:48 AM
  • you can grab a copy of it here, there are still things we want to improve but should get you going:

https://github.com/carmines/workshop/blob/master/Unity/DepthShader.unitypackage

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Thursday, October 9, 2014 7:34 PM
  • Hi Carmine,

I am trying to use your GPU depth shader on Unity 5.4.1f1, but the shaders do not compile so nothing happens. I get the error message "Shader is not supported on this GPU (none of the subshaders/fallbacks are suitable". I have an NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M and am on Windows 8.1.

Do you have any suggestions as to why this might not work? It seems like maybe this could be related to different versions of Unity rather than a real GPU incompatibility issue.

Thanks!

-Chris

Friday, October 28, 2016 6:59 PM
  • Hi Carmine,

I am trying to use your GPU depth shader on Unity 5.4.1f1, but the shaders do not compile so nothing happens. I get the error message "Shader is not supported on this GPU (none of the subshaders/fallbacks are suitable". I have an NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M and am on Windows 8.1.

Do you have any suggestions as to why this might not work? It seems like maybe this could be related to different versions of Unity rather than a real GPU incompatibility issue.

Thanks!

-Chris

Hi I am using Windows 10 Anniversary build 14393 onward, Unity 5.4F3,

I have imported

https://github.com/Dibbin/Kinected-Puzzle/tree/master/KinectForWindows_UnityPro_2.0.1410.unitypackage and the DepthShader.unitypackage. I have loaded the MainScene.unity.

When I start Unity Editor Player for Kinect 2 The Depth Camera runs in  similar way to the SDK Demos 2.0

I have a NVidia GT750 running the "373.06-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe" NVidia drivers

UPDATE: works on Unity 5.5b8 as well :-) 

Thanks

• Edited by jims.halo10 Saturday, October 29, 2016 10:17 PM
    Saturday, October 29, 2016 9:31 PM
  • Thanks! I was able to get the shader to work by creating a new Unity project, importing the shader package, and importing the Kinect SDK package.

I am not sure why importing the shader did not work in an existing project with the Kinect SDK. Maybe there is something with the camera or shader setup that is incorrect. At least, I know the shader works for me.

Monday, October 31, 2016 3:13 PM
  • Just to follow-up again, I got the shader compilation error to go away by opening the Player Settings, then under Rendering, checking the box for Auto Graphics API on Windows.

Mine was unchecked and just the DirectX 9 API was specified. The shader probably requires DirectX 10 or 11.

Monday, October 31, 2016 6:04 PM