none
Problem with ClickOnce manifest RRS feed

• Question

• Hai,

I am writing an office add on for Powerpoint. When ever i create a project the ClickOnce is always enabled in the Project -> Properties -> Signing tab. I have tried disabling it but when i start the build again it automatically enables the ClickOnce manifests. I do not want to enable the ClickOnce manifests i have tried all the solutions but none is working. Please HELP!!!!

mehulviby

Monday, June 22, 2015 4:03 PM

Answers

• Hi mehulviby,

>> I have tried disabling it but when i start the build again it automatically enables the ClickOnce manifests. I do not want to enable the ClickOnce manifests i have tried all the solutions but none is working<<

We are not able to disable the manifest signing in Visual Studio.

All application and deployment manifests for Office solutions must be signed with a certificate that identifies the publisher. Certificates provide a basis for making trust decisions.

A temporary certificate is created for you and granted trust at build time so the solution will run while you debug it. If you publish a solution that is signed with a temporary certificate, the end user will be prompted to make a trust decision.

You can get more detail about this topic from link below:
    Granting Trust to Office Solutions

Security During Development

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 8:09 AM