Team Foundation Server Trial Upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• All,

I have installed Team Foundation Server Trial version and all was running fine until the trial period expired.  My company has purchased a license key which I used to upgrade the trial version using the folllowing guide.

Now when I try and connect to TFS I get the following error:

TF31004: Team Foundation encountered an expected error while connecting to the Team Foundation Server XXXXXX. Wait a few minutes and try again.  If the problem persists, contact your Team Foundation Serer admistrator.

Can someone help me here?  Why cant I connect?

Thanks
    Msuk

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 11:51 AM

Answers

• Hello Msuk:

''Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could not be created. Error: 0x80070005 Access is denied. "

This problem can occur when ASP.NET 2.0 is running under a custom service account. The custom service account does not have access permissions to the Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) metabase and other directories that are used by ASP.NET.

Here are some steps you may try.

Give IIS_WPG group (which maybe contains ASPNET, IWAM_MachineName, LOCAL SERVICE, NETWORK SERVICE & SYSTEM and TFSServiceAccount) read/write access to web root directory.

Or you may give TFSServiceAccount read/write access to web root directory.

Good luck.

Friday, July 6, 2007 2:05 AM

All replies

• Hello Msuk:

Reset aspnet.

1. Log on the Team Foundation Server App - Tier

2. Click Start menu

3. Select Run..

4. Type 'aspnet_regiis -i' in the Run Windows

5. Click Ok button to run this command.

Add the server to the trusted local intranet sites at client box.

Friday, June 29, 2007 2:27 AM
  • Hi,

This did not work, I still get the same error when I start Visual Studio 2005 up and try to connect to my TFS.

Please help.

Thanks
    Msuk
    Thursday, July 5, 2007 12:46 PM
  • Hi again,

I have had a look in the event view on the TFS server and found this.

Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could not be created. Error: 0x80070005 Access is denied.

Any ideas

Thanks

Msuk

Thursday, July 5, 2007 12:55 PM
  • Hello Msuk:

Try to delete files the TFS client-side cache found in

"C:\Documents and Settings\%User%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Team Foundation\1.0\Cache"

to see if it works.

Good luck.

Could you please do me a favor to check the application event log in the TFS to see if there are any errors?

And please check the TFS to see if the Team Foundation Server website is running. Thanks.

Thursday, July 5, 2007 1:05 PM
  • Hi again

That did not work, but there is a warning and error in the event viewer on the TFS server see below.  All websites are running in IIS.

Warning:

Failed to initialize the AppDomain:/LM/W3SVC/3/Root/services

Exception: System.IO.FileLoadException

Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.

StackTrace: at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Activator.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, Evidence securityInfo, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)

at System.Activator.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName)

at System.AppDomain.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName)

at System.Web.Hosting.ApplicationManager.CreateAppDomainWithHostingEnvironment(String appId, IApplicationHost appHost, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters)

at System.Web.Hosting.ApplicationManager.CreateAppDomainWithHostingEnvironmentAndReportErrors(String appId, IApplicationHost appHost, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at

Error:

Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could not be created. Error: 0x80070005 Access is denied.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Thanks

Thursday, July 5, 2007 1:52 PM
  •  msuk wrote:

Hi again

That did not work, but there is a warning and error in the event viewer on the TFS server see below.  All websites are running in IIS.

Warning:

Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.

StackTrace: at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Activator.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, Evidence securityInfo, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)

at System.Web.Hosting.ApplicationManager.CreateAppDomainWithHostingEnvironment(String appId, IApplicationHost appHost, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters)

at System.Web.Hosting.ApplicationManager.CreateAppDomainWithHostingEnvironmentAndReportErrors(String appId, IApplicationHost appHost, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters)

Error:

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Thanks

Is it worth unstalling .net 2.0 framework and re-installing?

Thanks

Msuk

Thursday, July 5, 2007 1:55 PM
  • Hello Msuk:

''Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could not be created. Error: 0x80070005 Access is denied. "

This problem can occur when ASP.NET 2.0 is running under a custom service account. The custom service account does not have access permissions to the Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) metabase and other directories that are used by ASP.NET.

Give IIS_WPG group (which maybe contains ASPNET, IWAM_MachineName, LOCAL SERVICE, NETWORK SERVICE & SYSTEM and TFSServiceAccount) read/write access to web root directory.

Or you may give TFSServiceAccount read/write access to web root directory.

Good luck.

Friday, July 6, 2007 2:05 AM
  • Hi again,

That did not work same errors:

Any more ideas?

This was all working until I entered the new license key.

Thanks

Friday, July 6, 2007 11:36 AM
  • Hi,

I added the IIS_WPG to site id 3 :/LM/W3SVC/3/Root/services i.e. Team Foundation Server website with read/write permissions and it worked :-)

Thanks for all your help.

Msuk

Friday, July 6, 2007 11:57 AM
  • Hi again

I am now starting to get the following error:

Failed to initialize the AppDomain:/LM/W3SVC/1/Root/ReportServer

Any ideas

Thanks

Msuk

Friday, July 6, 2007 12:15 PM
  • Hello Msuk:

Could you please try the following steps to see if it works?

1.  Give the read and write permission for "Disk:\%Program Files%\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.3\Reporting
    Services\ReportManager\web.config"  file to the TFSReport account

2. Give the read and write permission  for "Disk:\%Program Files%\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.3\Reporting
    Services" to the TFSReport account.

Disk and %Program Files% are your App - Tier folder pathes.

Thanks. 

Or a simpel way you may give TFSReport account admin right on the App - Tier.

Good luck.

Monday, July 9, 2007 2:06 AM