cant install in iconiatab w500

Question

• i try but no way to installs, the funny face and error 0xc000021a, i make the installs from a usb key (using the same way like windows 7
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 5:24 PM

Answers

All replies

• I have an Acer Iconia W500 and don't have any problems with it.  I did exactly what you did - I booted from a Win7 USB key that included the Win8 install and it started automatically. It works very well.  You should also be able to start from within Win7 and it will install.  Please let me know if the second kind of install works for you.
    Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 5:39 PM
  • Hi,

Performance on the Iconia W500 are good? Everything works? G Sensor, Bluetooth, multitouch screen,etc..  ?

Thanks

Stephane Sabbague
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 5:46 PM
  • I make a USB using the Microsoft tool to make a Windows 7 install USB, onli i use the windows 8 ISO image. The start process is well, but before the first screen of instalation process appear the sad face ;( and say an error is happend (0x0000c21a) and stop the install process The iconiatab is new, and work perfect with windows7 home premium.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:02 PM
  • i try install within windows 7 and i tell you what happen
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:38 PM
  • not install neither from within  windows 7. after 24% open windows and say "Something happen" "Windows developer perview installation has failed" and that's all.This iconia tab w500 is brand new. no fail at all since I bought it. Please you can help me¿? I can not understand what happens

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:56 PM
  • Are you sure ISO was downloaded correctly? These errors look like bad checksum or something for me.
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 7:38 PM
  • now i re-download the iso file and try again,I'll tell you later

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 8:26 PM
  • Hi Stephane,

Yes, everything works but there is an issue with the G Sensor.  I don't know everything that the G Sensor does, but it's not detected as an accelerometer by the Win8 OS and the Acer HID application must be downloaded for the screen orientation to work properly.  Other than that, this thing works like a champ. 

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:21 PM
  • I think a re-download of the ISO is a good call.  I have had no issues with install at all.
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:22 PM
  • Hi Stephane,

Yes, everything works but there is an issue with the G Sensor.  I don't know everything that the G Sensor does, but it's not detected as an accelerometer by the Win8 OS and the Acer HID application must be downloaded for the screen orientation to work properly.  Other than that, this thing works like a champ. 

Hi, where did you download the acer HID application? Do you have a link? My g sensor is not working, I have install the bosh driver but I can't find the HID application

Thak you 

Friday, September 16, 2011 2:09 AM
  • This system does not have a Windows sensor driver (as noted) - the driver was proprietary. If we get an update, I'll post info on the "Tailoring your Metro style app for hardware and devices" forum.
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 10:43 PM
  • Thx!!! was a ISO problem.... new download and install perfect. Thx agian!!!
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 5:48 PM
  • Instalation is ok after re-download the ISO file. the G Sensor have no driver yet ¿?

Thursday, September 22, 2011 5:51 PM