none
Irritating new issue. UWP Isue after implementing a Microsoft Plugin into my Unity3d Game, now it doesnt play.

Question

• Hi

I sent my game for approval, and was rejected since it needed XBLA support and be able to login an user etc., I used the documentation ( it is really good ) and from unity it appears to be working fine, even same final screen capture! all ok!

Then go to exported Visual Studio Solution, double click and set it to run into the console: BOOM error

System.TypeLoadException: 'Unresolved P/Invoke method 'XsapiGlobalCleanup!Microsoft.Xbox.Services.140.UWP.C.dll'
    in assembly 'Microsoft.Xbox.Services.UWP.CSharp, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=null' because it is not available in UWP applications. Please either use an another API , or
    use [DllImport(ExactSpelling=true) to indicate that you understand the implications of using non-UWP application APIs.'

It compiled before importing and cofniguring the Microsoft XBLA Unity3d plugin, it gave no error, and what is worst is that it seems to come from Microsoft to Microsoft SW.

Already played with version of .Net from latest to 2 into unity, and also in the xbla plugin, same results.

At this point I feel deeply frustrated.  I know that XBLA has issues at this moment, but they say Basics Operations work fine, so dont think its related. 

The game loads on the XboxOne, shows logos and then STOP and start giving exeptions.

Please, anyone can help?

Aldo

Monday, February 05, 2018 5:27 PM

All replies

• Looks similar to this: https://github.com/Microsoft/xbox-live-unity-plugin/issues/192

The folks in the XBox Live forum may have other suggestions.

Monday, February 05, 2018 10:22 PM
  • Thanks Rob,

Your help is always great! I just wrote there.

Arcanebits

Tuesday, February 06, 2018 4:53 PM
  • Hi Aldo,

Thank you for posting on the forum. I have some questions for you. These will help us better investigate the issue you are having.

1. What engine are you using (if any) and what version?
    2. What version of Xbox Live are you using?
    3. What IDE (i.e. Visual Studio) are you using and what version?
    4. What version of the Windows SDK are you using?”

Thank You,

Brett Rudd

Tuesday, February 06, 2018 6:38 PM
  • Hi Brett!

Unity 2017.3.0f3 (64-bit)

XboxLive.unitypackage 1802, and tested turning on and of .NET 3.5/4.6 from plugin

Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2017 Versión 15.5.2

Lastest windows SDK installed

Can you help?

Aldo

Wednesday, February 07, 2018 12:31 PM
  •  Hi Aldo,

The issue is currently being looked into by our engineers. We will let you know when we have more info for you.

Thank You,

Brett Rudd

Wednesday, February 07, 2018 6:52 PM
  • Hi, 

Any news into this isssue? We have the game on full stop since this error doesnt let us advance, at least a work around?

Arcanebits

Monday, February 19, 2018 3:19 PM
  •  Hi Aldo,

The issue is currently being looked into by our engineers. We will let you know when we have more info for you.

Thank You,

Brett Rudd

Hi,

Any Advance, it just sad to have the game ready but a full stop... :(

Arcanebits

Saturday, February 24, 2018 4:17 PM
  • Hi, again, sorry to bother.

Any news? is anything we can do on our side?

Cheers 

Arcanebits

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 4:11 PM
  • Hi Folks!

I know that if the issue is not blue screening millions of computers is not going to be something urgent, but please, can you at least try to help us with a work around?

We are small indie team, time is not on our side and we already had way too much PR material into this.

Anyone?

Tuesday, March 06, 2018 10:45 PM
  • Hi ArcaneBits,

You may have seen on the GitHub page, our engineer replied with the following:

Just for reference can you try some the sample scenes with the same build configuration and see if you see this issue?

Please try that and let us know what results you get.

Thanks!

-Nate
    Thursday, March 08, 2018 8:57 AM
  • When I was trying to isolate the problem did that, same results.

Thanks in advance

Arcanebits

Thursday, March 08, 2018 12:49 PM
  • Just came by, to see if any news and to re post that I re Did all the procedure in another PC with another project, same error, also went to the previews solution (the same stuff but without the plugin) and it worked... so we are on the same exact place just cuadruple verified my side, if that can help...
    Monday, March 12, 2018 10:58 PM
  • VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE!

Please Microsoft's staff validate or correct me if I'm mistaken, so not to say something wrong, and help the people in need.
    I Followed this official page to make the adjustments required: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/xbox-live/get-started-with-creators/unity-prefabs-and-sign-in
    That’s the part I broke stuff, I made zillions of adjustments and nothing… today I made adjustments and quadru verified my side, then a peer trying to help me  says “you are on a not STABLE version”, then he showed me:
    https://github.com/Microsoft/xbox-live-unity-plugin/releases/tag/v1711 and
    https://github.com/Microsoft/xbox-live-unity-plugin/releases
    I WAS LINKED TO A PREVIEW VERSION BY THE OFFICIAL DOCUMENTATION.
    I went to the Unity Project, deleted / installed *its keep the configuration so not so much pain there*
    Exported, opened in VS and IT RAN,
    Now to sleep tomorrow I will see if IT passes the self-tests and upload for approval!
    Cheers!!
    Arcanebits

Tuesday, March 13, 2018 12:53 AM
  • I NEED TO BE FAIR AND SQUARE ON THIS!

MY MYSTAKE BECAUSE I DIDNT SCROLL DOWN AND USED A **PRE RELEASE**  VERSION, NOT THE LATEST WORKING ONE

Arcanebits

Tuesday, March 13, 2018 12:41 PM