none
0x800400154 "Class not registered" error when calling CorbindToRunitmeEx hosting API RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi, we have a very strange problem when trying to start CLR inside our unmanaged host. We have 4 clients that get this error when our hosting process tries to acquire pointer to ICLRRuntimeHost using CorBindToRuntimeEx. The HRESULT is 0x800400154 which is "CLass not registered." I have searched everywhere and can't find anything on this. NET 2.0 is installed. Checked theire registry and runtime engine is registered. DCOM is enabled. Did anybody expirience this problem? Or can anybody suggest where to look for solution? Thank you.
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 3:59 PM

All replies

• Hello

I suggest that we first narrow down the problem to either the system enviroment or the application itself. Could you please build a simplest CLR host application according to http://blogs.msdn.com/calvin_hsia/archive/2006/08/07/691467.aspx and test it on the client?

If a very simple sample fails with 0x800400154 too, we shall focus on the system environment of the clients next:
    1. Are the 4 clients installed with .NET 4?
    2. Are the 4 clients x86 or x64 systems?
    3. Are they equiped with the latest service packs of .NET 2?
    4. Could you please consider repairing the .NET 2 installation according to the aritcle http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/908077?

Regards,
    Jialiang Ge
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback of our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Friday, November 6, 2009 6:48 AM
  • Hello

How are you? Could you please let me know the result of my suggestion? If you have any questions, please feel free to tell me.

Regards,
    Jialiang Ge
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Friday, November 13, 2009 6:23 AM
  • We are changing the issue type to “General Discussion” because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to “Question” by opening the Options list at the top of the post window, and changing the type. If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.
    Regards,
    Jialiang Ge
    Monday, November 16, 2009 1:54 PM