none
WCF over HTTP CONNECT Tunnel RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a WPF application which uses WCF Services (BasicHttpBinding over HTTPS) works well almost all places. I have used ChannelFactory to create WCF Client. I have a peculiar scenario that My WPF client not able to communicate to Server when it is accessed through a CISCO-WSA/8.0.6 router. As per the investigations local network admin claims WPF application's WCF Client Channel does not supports HTTP CONNECT method.

If this WPF application runs along with FIDDLER (Http Debugger) tool, application works fine.

Not sure, this is a problem with WCF infrastructure or CISCO router configuration.

Is there any configurations to tell WCF client to use HTTP Tunnel or HTTP CONNECT Tunnel?

Thanks

Jay

Sunday, December 13, 2015 3:48 PM

All replies

• WCF is not a VPN solution it is a SOA solution. Why should a SOA solution cater to a vendor's needs like Cisco? Your options are to turn the feature off on the Cisco router or replace the Cisco router.
    Sunday, December 13, 2015 8:27 PM
  • Thank you for quick response. I do understand WCF is not a VPN solution, but the issue here is HTTP web request are able to get through the CISCO Proxy (Cisco Web Security Appliance), same WCF calls gets through if I use FIDDLER (local proxy) along with application. But as a application WCF calls are failing if I don't use FIDDLER.

Only difference I see the Fiddler helps to establishing a HTTP CONNECT tunnel between Application's WCF Client and CISCO Proxy.

As you suggested the local network admin turned off all relevant features, still no luck. Replacing CISCO Proxy is not an option at all, but we need to make our application to work in one of client's place.

Please advise.

Monday, December 14, 2015 7:45 AM
  • Hi Jayachandran Elumalai,

According to this case, you said that when you used the fiddler, and your WCF Service works fine.

So, please make sure you have configured  the  CISCO router correctly.

Then, please make sure the client can ping to server-side successfully.

Best Regards,

Wanjun Dong

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, December 28, 2015 7:05 AM