none
VS Subscription: WinXPe SP3 Components? RRS feed

• Question

• I currently have an old Windows XP Embedded image.  The component database was only ever updated to Service Pack 2.  I want to be able to update the XP Embedded component database to SP3 for some older computers that are not compatible with Windows 10, and for this application I prefer not to switch to WES2009. 

The "Visual Studio by Subscription Level" spreadsheet indicates that the downloads available include "Windows XP Embedded Service Pack".  I am not currently a Visual Studio subscriber.  Before I pay for a subscription, can anyone verify which version of XPe Service Pack is included with a Visual Studio / MSDN subscription?  Does it include Service Pack 3?  (Note, I am not looking for SP3 for the the "point-of-service (POS)" version of XP Embedded. I understand that is a different animal and would not be compatible with the non-POS version of XPe).

Thank you.

Thursday, November 8, 2018 6:28 PM

Answers

• I would recommend using the Windows Embedded Standard 2009 (WES2009) version of XP Embedded which includes service pack 3. 

You might find it cheaper to contact a Microsoft distributor just to get the WES2009 kit and the license. 

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Friday, November 9, 2018 5:33 PM