Unable to delete NIC RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I seem to have got one of my NICs in a strange state.

I deleted the VM that the NIC was associated with, however I am now unable to delete the NIC since it still seems to think that its connected to the (now non-existent) VM.

Would it be possible for you to remove the NIC for me manually?

Both the NIC and the VM were initially created using Azure Resource Manager Templates.

(I'm not sure if this is the right place to post Subscription and NIC IDs, so please send me a private message for those details).

Thanks

Monday, June 29, 2015 11:21 AM

Answers

• Hello mn_ws,

This is definitely not the place to post your subscription and network IDs as this is a public forum. When you say that you are unable to remove the Network Interface card, please let us know if you get any error.

As far as I see it, you cannot add or remove a network interface card after the VM is created or deleted at your end. You might also want to use the powershell cmdlets to remove the Network Interface card.

Remove-AzureNetworkInterfaceConfig -Name "NAME" -VM "VM NAME" -Profile "profile name"

If you are not able to remove using this command, I request you to create a support ticket with us so that we can get your subsciption details and look into this further. Follow the link below to create support ticket:

http://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/support/options/

Thanks,
    Syed Irfan Hussain

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 4:44 AM