none
Exchange server client for iOS mobile. RRS feed

• Question

• I want to develop a Exchange server client for iOS mobile.

Can any one please provide me sample appli to retrieve single mail from Exchange Server by using

1) EAS(Exchange Activesync)

2) EWS(Exchange Web Service. 

?

So that it will be easy for me to compare which one is more difficult for developing. 

• Moved by Mike Crowley Saturday, June 30, 2012 4:43 AM (From:Exchange Server 2010)
    Friday, June 15, 2012 4:42 AM

All replies

• Hi

Apple currently don't allow apps that use push email so it is quite likely that they will not allow apps that use either of these services, but if you want to try I would post your questions to the Development forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvrdevelopment/threads

Steve

Friday, June 15, 2012 7:43 AM
  • Hello Steve,

Thanks for your quick reply. We want to develop a iOS mobile client where we want to manually "Get" latest mails, calender / contact information from

exchange server. (its ok if we do not implement push email...)

In that case we need to judge whether going through 1) EAS (Protocol) is better or 2) EWS (Web Service Interface) will be better..

in either case, as we can't use dot net...(for iOS)...we just want to decide difficulty level and functioanlity level difference in these two things

1)

Till now as per my study, we are able to judege that, if We are using EAS (WBXML needs to be implemented) and by understanding each protocol (and XML formats)

we will have to proceed.

If We are using EWS web service, still in that case, to access the service we can't use direct Wrapper class (C#) code on iOS...

and conversion of wsdl to objective C is not working well.....

2) We are not able to exactly judge the difference in EAS and EWS functionalities.

We need to prepare a COmparison table for both..

Please help

-Mangesh

Friday, June 15, 2012 8:25 AM
  • Hi Laxman,

Per your description, you want to do some developement, I would suggest that you could post the issue on bleow fourm, you will get more hlep from there:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/exchangesvrdevelopment/threads

Regards!

Gavin

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 9:43 AM