Fxcop 1.36 beta:Issue loading crystal report engine in to analyse dll

Question

• Hi All, We are using FxCop1.36 beta to analyse our project data(dll's). When we are loading our dll(in target tab) in fxcop, and trying to analyse the dll we are getting the message like below. "Locate Assembly Reference" Dialag box Message: The following referenced assembly counld not be found. This assembly is required for analysis and referenced by PDF Reports.dll. CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine, Version=10.2.3600.0,culture=neutral, publickey token=692fbea5521e1304 As for as i know the crystal report engine is not being loaded in to the fxcop1.36. So we are not able to do the analysis. please help us to resolve the issue. Thanks in advance, Sandeep Chauhan
    Tuesday, July 29, 2008 10:00 AM

Answers

• Hi Sandeep,

Based on my understanding, the problem is FxCop cannot find the “CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine” assemly, which should be in the GAC.

Hence, please first check if the “CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine” assemly exists in the GAC (c:\WINDOWS\assembly). Then enable the FxCop option “Search Global Assembly Cache for missing references” with the following steps.

1. Open FxCop 1.36.
    2. Click menu: “Project | Options…”
    3. Click the “Spelling & Analysis” tab in the “Project Options” dialog.
    4. Select the “Search Global Assembly Cache for missing references” option (by default it is unselected).

Thursday, July 31, 2008 6:14 AM

All replies

•  

Hi,

You should tell FxCop where your dll is..

It should be something like this

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\2.5\managed\CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.dll

You can copy and paste when it is asked..

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 1:29 PM
  • Hi Sandeep,

Based on my understanding, the problem is FxCop cannot find the “CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine” assemly, which should be in the GAC.

Hence, please first check if the “CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine” assemly exists in the GAC (c:\WINDOWS\assembly). Then enable the FxCop option “Search Global Assembly Cache for missing references” with the following steps.

1. Open FxCop 1.36.
    2. Click menu: “Project | Options…”
    3. Click the “Spelling & Analysis” tab in the “Project Options” dialog.
    4. Select the “Search Global Assembly Cache for missing references” option (by default it is unselected).

Thursday, July 31, 2008 6:14 AM
  • Hi,

I also have the same error.

In FxCop 1.35 we used to be able to ignore this dll and move ahead.  There is no point analysing the Crystal dll since it should be assumed it is optimised.  I have tried to look for this same feature in this version but see no feature where this can be done.

Can you help?

Regards,
    AB
    Tuesday, August 5, 2008 10:37 AM
  •  

Thanks Benson.

Its solve the problem.

Regards,

Sandeep

Tuesday, August 5, 2008 12:13 PM