Office 2010 PIA (Office.Interop.Excel) based program incompatibility with other machines for distribution RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone.

I have kind of a big problem here, look. I developed a program using Visual Studio 2010 and C#.

This program uses the COM for office excel 14.0.0. Thats because i got a 64-bit Machine running Office 2010.

Now, i want to use this program on another machines that are running on Windows XP SP3 32Bits, this machines dont have .NET installed and have Office 2003.

Now, i installed .NET 2.0 Redistributable Package, that shoud help with the .NET problem, now i got the office incompatibility and that the assembly COM from office is not even present in the machines of course. Ill like you guys to help me and tell me what can i do.

1. Can i change the COM from the original program to work with Office 2003. If so?, how? and, will it later work on a machine with 2007 or 2010?

2. Can i install the assemblys (PIAs) on Windows XP, and how?

3. Is there a way o install the required 2010 PIAs on Windows XP and don't care about changing the program.

What is the best option for compatibility in this case?

Thanks in Advance for your hard work and advice.

Friday, September 3, 2010 5:22 AM

Answers

• Adding them in the moment of creating the setup will deliver all the needed .dll files to the XP machine.

• Marked as answer by RobertoBiundo Friday, September 3, 2010 6:35 AM
    Friday, September 3, 2010 6:35 AM