How to install earlier version of toolkit with NuGet RRS feed

• Question

• User113076750 posted

Probably a dumb question here, but I'm not having any luck. I have to roll back to an earlier version of the AjaxControlToolkit. With NuGet, I'll need to execute a PowerShell command to do so. But when I try the following command,

Install-Package AjaxControlToolkit -Version 7.0725

NuGet says it can't find the version, but it's clearly available on the NuGet Gallery (http://www.nuget.org/packages/AjaxControlToolkit/7.0725). Here's the error:

PM> Install-Package AjaxControlToolkit -Version 7.0725
    Install-Package : Unable to find version '7.0725' of package 'AjaxControlToolkit'.
    At line:1 char:16
    + Install-Package <<<<  AjaxControlToolkit -Version 7.0725
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Install-Package], InvalidOperationException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NuGetCmdletUnhandledException,NuGet.PowerShell.Commands.InstallPackageCommand

I'm probably missing something obvious. At worst, I can install the toolkit the manual way, but I'd like to stick with NuGet if I can. Suggestions?

Saturday, October 5, 2013 8:42 PM

Answers

• User-933407369 posted

hi sandygettings ,

From what i understand you want to find  your missing something.

i would suggest you read the links:

Error 1 NuGet Package restore failed for project xyz: Unable to find version '7.0123' of package 'AjaxControlToolkit'

http://nuget.codeplex.com/workitem/3614

i hope it helps you.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, October 15, 2013 3:10 AM

All replies

• User-1635195291 posted

Hi sandygettings,

The powershell command Install-Package has a Version argument that can be used to specify a specific version.

Install-Package Common.Logging -Version 1.2.0

See the command reference for details.

Edit: In order to list versions of a package you can use the Get-Package command with the remote argument and a filter:

Get-Package -ListAvailable -Filter Common.Logging -AllVersions

By pressing tab after the version option in the Install-Package command, you get a list of the latest available versions.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jatin

Sunday, October 6, 2013 9:54 PM
  • Monday, October 7, 2013 12:06 AM
  • User113076750 posted

Thanks, but please see my original post. I included the Version argument to no avail. Am I missing something?

Monday, October 7, 2013 8:05 AM
  • User-933407369 posted

hi sandygettings ,

From what i understand you want to find  your missing something.

i would suggest you read the links:

Error 1 NuGet Package restore failed for project xyz: Unable to find version '7.0123' of package 'AjaxControlToolkit'

http://nuget.codeplex.com/workitem/3614

i hope it helps you.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, October 15, 2013 3:10 AM
  • User113076750 posted

Thanks, Happy, this looks like the best explanation. I won't need to test, since the newer version of the ACT works fine now. Cheers!

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 8:15 AM