Problem developing using more than one computer RRS feed

• Question

• I started developing a website using "computer A" (a laptop). All files are on an external hard drive. Hyperlinks show just the name of the linked file.

I continued development using"computer B" (a new laptop). The same external hard drive is being used but it's attached to a desktop and I'm accessing it through a network. Under this scenario hyperlinks show the entire path ; not just the name of the linked file .

Is this normal?

I think that by asking this question I've provided my own answer. The drive must always have the same drive letter. It would be interesting to hear other comments.

Thank you

Sunday, January 2, 2011 12:00 AM

All replies

• No, you don't need to have the external drive use the some drive letter on each computer. What you need is to create a new local site definition for you desktop. Use Site > Open Site (EW 3-4 or File > Open Site for EW 1-2) and open your sati folder on the extend drive as a site not the files individually.. Site definitions are in your Application folder on each machine so unless you open the site in EW in each machine it has no frame of reference for relative links.
    MS MVP Expression Tutorials & Help http://by-expression.com & Expression Web forums
    Sunday, January 2, 2011 8:27 AM