One aspx page updated in web server RRS feed

• Question

• User546194788 posted

I used "Publish web site" to release asp.net apps.

First, publish apps and save into local folder.

Second, copy entire contents in local folder and overwrite to the folder in web server.

If I only update html part in one aspx page, how to publish one pasx page to web server without overwrite entire folder?

Thursday, September 6, 2018 2:04 PM

All replies

• User475983607 posted

Is there any reason why you don't deploy directly to the web server?

Thursday, September 6, 2018 2:43 PM
  • User546194788 posted

No reason, just did not learn that way.

Thursday, September 6, 2018 2:46 PM
  • User475983607 posted

No reason, just did not learn that way.

Then I would simply deploy to the web server.

Thursday, September 6, 2018 2:48 PM
  • User61956409 posted

Hi aspfun,

If I only update html part in one aspx page, how to publish one pasx page to web server without overwrite entire folder?

It seems that you publish your application to a local folder, so you could find the aspx page (xxxxx.aspx) that you updated html code, and then you can remote to your web server and copy that file in your website root folder to replace/overwrite the old one.

With Regards, 

Fei Han

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 9:37 AM
  • User546194788 posted

Thank you, Fei Han,

I did the same way and copied vb code form (Compiled) to web server from local folder as well but did not work.

Does IIS in web server may need to refresh?

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 11:32 AM
  • User475983607 posted

Phrases like "did not work" are not descriptive enough to to guess what is not working.  

As stated above, simply deploy the web app to the web server rather than copying. 

If this is web application and not a web site, copying the code behind will not work.  You must copy the DLL in the bin folder.

If you are copying only the markup page, the aspx not aspx.cs file, then that should work.  If the markup includes updated JavaScript or CSS then might have to press Ctrl-F5 to force the browser to fetch the page from the server rather than local cache.

Is there anyway, you can clarify the issue?

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 11:39 AM
  • User546194788 posted

"did not work" is meaning the apps did not work as expected.

For example, I simply added one more column in grid of aspx file but this column did not show up.

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 11:44 AM
  • User475983607 posted

aspfun

"did not work" is meaning the apps did not work as expected.

Right we need the expected part of "did not work as expected".  Otherwise, we can only guess where your bug is located.

aspfun

For example, I simply added one more column in grid of aspx file but this column did not show up.

And this only brings up more question.  Is this a web site or web application project? How is the grid bound?  Are the columns auto generated or are you using a template?

How about providing the source code we are no left to guess...

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 1:05 PM