Visual Studio keeps asking me to restart my application, even if I didn't make any change

Question

• Hi,

I have an issue with Visual Studio 2013 for Windows. I used to work a lot with the "Refresh Windows App" feature that allow to simply reload the application without doing a full rebuild and without executing the Multilingual App Toolkit.

Since recently, I can't use this anymore, when I press the button, I get this message:

Changes have been made that prevent refresh. Would you like to restart your application instead?

I get this message even if i don't even edit a source file, when I press refresh after launching the application. I am not sure since when it does that but I recently updated my Visual Studio (Update 2), it might be since then.

Note that it works on newly created projects, it just does not work on projects as soon as I enable the Multilingual App Toolkit.

I am using this MAT: Multilingual App Toolkit   v3.1.1085.0

Is this a known issue with Multilingual App Toolkit? Should I file a bug somewhere?

Thanks,

Fabien

Monday, August 25, 2014 5:54 PM

Answers

• Just got an answer from the Multilingual App Toolkit, i quote:

"I tested project in combination of MAT V2 and I see same issue. When we click on “Refresh windows app”, behind the seen, it calls the build task which triggers the PRI file update and we run into issue and get message “Changes have been made that prevent refresh. Would you like to restart your application instead?”. Currently MAT doesn’t support incremental build and we run MAT build even when resources are not modified. I have created a bug in our internal system to track this issue and we hope to resolve in future versions."

So I'll close this thread as resolved for now

Fabien

Monday, August 25, 2014 9:48 PM