Label Font Settings RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to know if there is a way to set the Label Font Settings of VB 2008 to the Font I always use instead of the one that Visual Basic wants to use. I would to always use Arial Font, Bold set at 10, for my default setting, but cannot find where I can set this.
    Any ideas? Can this be done or am I out of luck and am stuck with the M<icrosoft Sans Serif 8 point?
    Thanks.
    Bob
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 9:02 PM

Answers

• Repeat of this thread:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/Vsexpressvb/thread/90d5e5bb-e366-4c58-a87d-e33fa9907016

www.insteptech.com ; msmvps.com/blogs/deborahk
    We are volunteers and ask only that if we are able to help you, that you mark our reply as your answer. THANKS!
    • Marked as answer by Jeff Shan Monday, September 7, 2009 2:33 AM
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 9:33 PM
  • I would like to know if there is a way to set the Label Font Settings of VB 2008 to the Font I always use instead of the one that Visual Basic wants to use. I would to always use Arial Font, Bold set at 10, for my default setting, but cannot find where I can set this.
    Any ideas? Can this be done or am I out of luck and am stuck with the M<icrosoft Sans Serif 8 point?
    Thanks.
    Bob

Hi Bob,

Set the FONT in the DESIGN view by pressing F4 to see the PROPERTIES window and change it there.

OR use something like this in the Form_Load event.>>

Public Class Form1

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

Label1.Font = New Font("Arial", 10, FontStyle.Bold)

End Sub

End Class

Regards,

John
    Thursday, September 3, 2009 3:39 PM
  • you can create your own custom Label

create a Class with this code. Build the project. Then you can drag the label from your toolbox.

this is a very rudimentary solution - I'm sure someone can come up with something better (I don't have a lot of experience building my own classes).

Public Class MyLabel
        Inherits Label

Public Sub New()
            MyBase.Font = New Font("Arial", 18, FontStyle.Italic Or FontStyle.Bold)
        End Sub
    End Class
    Thursday, September 3, 2009 4:20 PM

All replies

• Repeat of this thread:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/Vsexpressvb/thread/90d5e5bb-e366-4c58-a87d-e33fa9907016

www.insteptech.com ; msmvps.com/blogs/deborahk
    We are volunteers and ask only that if we are able to help you, that you mark our reply as your answer. THANKS!
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 9:33 PM
    Thanks.
    Bob

Hi Bob,

Set the FONT in the DESIGN view by pressing F4 to see the PROPERTIES window and change it there.

OR use something like this in the Form_Load event.>>

Public Class Form1

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

Label1.Font = New Font("Arial", 10, FontStyle.Bold)

End Sub

End Class

Regards,

John
    Thursday, September 3, 2009 3:39 PM
  • you can create your own custom Label

create a Class with this code. Build the project. Then you can drag the label from your toolbox.

this is a very rudimentary solution - I'm sure someone can come up with something better (I don't have a lot of experience building my own classes).

Public Class MyLabel
        Inherits Label

Public Sub New()
            MyBase.Font = New Font("Arial", 18, FontStyle.Italic Or FontStyle.Bold)
        End Sub
    End Class
    Thursday, September 3, 2009 4:20 PM