How to use similar code in Windows 7 Phone application RRS feed

• Question

•  try

{

OpenFileDialog dialog = new OpenFileDialog();

dialog.Filter =

DefaultStrings.ConfigFileFilter;

if (dialog.ShowDialog(this) == DialogResult.OK)

txtFile.Text = dialog.FileName;

}

catch (Exception ex)

{

handleError(ex);

}

I want use same code in Windows 7 phone application but an noyt able to find anything suitable. Can anyone tell me if this is possible.

Thursday, May 26, 2011 3:59 PM

Answers

• I don't think so because AFAIK Windows Phone 7 has no user visible file system and thus you never need/can browse a file.

Closes equivalent would be loading data stored in isolated store which you can do as a list of items using normal WP7 list based window.

You can also ask in Windows Phone 7 forums just in case: http://forums.create.msdn.com/forums/default.aspx?GroupID=19

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by NeerajSaini Friday, May 27, 2011 4:59 PM
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 5:17 PM

All replies

• I don't think so because AFAIK Windows Phone 7 has no user visible file system and thus you never need/can browse a file.

Closes equivalent would be loading data stored in isolated store which you can do as a list of items using normal WP7 list based window.

You can also ask in Windows Phone 7 forums just in case: http://forums.create.msdn.com/forums/default.aspx?GroupID=19

• Marked as answer by NeerajSaini Friday, May 27, 2011 4:59 PM
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 5:17 PM
  • Is there is anyother way to do the same stuff

eg

I have the Windows application which passes the *.dat file to the application from the PC to application which generated the key as per the file passed and I am trying to mimic the same functionality to Windows 7 phone application. So will this be possible in any way in Windows 7 phone application.

Thursday, May 26, 2011 6:06 PM
  • Hi,

Please try your query in Windows Phone 7 forums as this forums is dedicated to Windows Mobile..

Community forums for Windows Phone 7

Regards, Malleswar
    Friday, May 27, 2011 5:14 AM
  • May i know how to access Web server in Windows Mobile.[i need to try out optional server component to see if that can work as typical web server.And now to installing in the emulator and how to try with samlple mobile web form.
    Friday, May 27, 2011 5:41 PM
  • which type of web server in windows mobile
    Friday, May 27, 2011 6:14 PM
  • You probably would get a better chance of getting an answer if you create a new thread with good title and detailed description instead of adding posts to irrelevant and even off topic thread.

Friday, May 27, 2011 6:41 PM