none
2119;reason="Internal Error: RpSubscribeResultReader rowset reading failed" RRS feed

• Question

• I try to send a Enhanced Presence Subscription to Skype For Business, but I always get this error in response:

SIP/2.0 500 The server encountered an unexpected internal error
    From: "Hojat Yousefi" <sip:hojat.yousefi@test.com>;tag=VHJFVUXVRN
    To: <sip:hojat.yousefi@test2.com>;tag=705A0369E3B077DACE564991FA0C4BCE
    Call-ID: df217e98ae5b433896737a1dc743f924
    CSeq: 1 SUBSCRIBE
    Content-Length: 0
    ms-diagnostics: 2119;reason="Internal Error: RpSubscribeResultReader rowset reading failed";HRESULT="0x00040064";source="yyy.corp.com"
    Server: RTC/6.0

Can anyone help me?

Friday, June 12, 2020 12:01 PM

Answers

• Follow-up for the benefit of the community. After doing comparative analysis, two missing pieces were found that, after adding, resolved the error. 

These two: 
    From: "Alexander (ext)"<sip:alexander@c4b.de>;tag=577d044ccd;epid=68f3deb9e3
    and 
    Contact: <sip:alexander@c4b.de;opaque=user:epid:fjrCoi8bC1qHp21FSgulFwAA;gruu>

i.e. "epid" and "gruu" were needed to succeed. 

Globally Routable User Agent URI (GRUU): A URI that identifies a user agent and is globally
    routable. A URI possesses a GRUU property if it is useable by any 
    user agent client (UAC)
    that is connected to the Internet, routable to a specific user agent instance, and long-lived. 

The epid is described in [MS-SIP]. 

Both of these are discussed in detail and shown in the examples in both of these documents. 

Tom

Friday, June 26, 2020 8:35 PM

All replies

• Hi Hojat

Thanks for the question about Open Specifications.

One of the Open Specifications Engineers will respond shortly to assist you.

HungChun Yu (MSFT)

Friday, June 12, 2020 5:12 PM
  • Hi Hojat,

I can help you with this. What version of Skype for Business is the endpoint? Can you also provide a wireshark trace showing the SIP request and response? If so, please send an email to dochelp <at> Microsoft <dot> com, referencing the URL for this forum thread and my name and I will arrange for secure transfer of the trace. 

Best regards,
    Tom Jebo
    Sr Escalation Engineer
    Microsoft Open Specifications

Friday, June 12, 2020 8:22 PM
  • Hi Tom,

Thank you very much for your help. I sent the email.

Best regards.

Monday, June 15, 2020 6:52 AM
  • Hi Tom,

Excuse me, did you receive my email?

Tuesday, June 16, 2020 11:12 AM
  • Got your email and we're discussing and troubleshooting offline. 

Tom

Tuesday, June 23, 2020 7:46 PM
  • Follow-up for the benefit of the community. After doing comparative analysis, two missing pieces were found that, after adding, resolved the error. 

These two: 
    From: "Alexander (ext)"<sip:alexander@c4b.de>;tag=577d044ccd;epid=68f3deb9e3
    and 
    Contact: <sip:alexander@c4b.de;opaque=user:epid:fjrCoi8bC1qHp21FSgulFwAA;gruu>

i.e. "epid" and "gruu" were needed to succeed. 

Globally Routable User Agent URI (GRUU): A URI that identifies a user agent and is globally
    routable. A URI possesses a GRUU property if it is useable by any 
    user agent client (UAC)
    that is connected to the Internet, routable to a specific user agent instance, and long-lived. 

The epid is described in [MS-SIP]. 

Both of these are discussed in detail and shown in the examples in both of these documents. 

Tom

Friday, June 26, 2020 8:35 PM