Persisting the Workflow(WF4). RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am new to workflow.I am implementing leave management system using asp.net and WF4.we have two activites

1.leave request and

2.Leave confirmation.

once the leave has been applied i need to persist the state(i.e) once the leave request activity is completed i have to persist it and then if the manager logged into the application workflow has to be resumed.But i can't able to persist the workflow after the leave request activity is completed.I have searched internet for the past one week but i din't find the proper solution.even some solution works fine with console application but when i tried it with asp.net its not persisting in database , also i have used instance handle and instance view.but none of them is worked.

Thanks in advance.

Monday, June 11, 2012 8:06 AM

Answers

• I think may be "ASP.NET" account is being used for persistence , which i dont think has sufficient privileges

please check the credentials in connection string used for Sql persistance .

Use some other account(UserID/Password) in sql persistennce connection string.

Thanks,

Madhur

MB

• Marked as answer by LeoTang Monday, June 18, 2012 9:56 AM
    Tuesday, June 12, 2012 9:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Raj,

Please check following links.

WF 4.0

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd489452.aspx

I hope this will hel you.

Thanks,

Madhur

MB

Monday, June 11, 2012 9:03 AM
  • Thanks for your time madhur.

The link which you have quoted is working fine in console application but its not working with web application.If you suggest any web application based workflow links i ll be very thankful to you.

Regards,

raj.

Monday, June 11, 2012 9:13 AM
  • Have you hosted your work on IIS ?

Where have you hosted it (WF).

THanks,

Madhur

MB

Monday, June 11, 2012 10:00 AM
  • I am hosting it in ASP.net Application.

Regards,

raj.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 6:13 AM
  • I think may be "ASP.NET" account is being used for persistence , which i dont think has sufficient privileges

please check the credentials in connection string used for Sql persistance .

Use some other account(UserID/Password) in sql persistennce connection string.

Thanks,

Madhur

MB

• Marked as answer by LeoTang Monday, June 18, 2012 9:56 AM
    Tuesday, June 12, 2012 9:27 AM