Is it possible to compile the .DLLs into a single .EXE? RRS feed

• Question

• Here's the story: a friend of mine, who makes Minecraft Texturepacks, asked me to make him an installer for texture packs. Something that would take his .ZIP file from a certain location and move it into the .minecraft\texturepacks folder in %APPDATA%. I got this to work, but the only problem is there are two .DLL files, Data.dll and SmallBasicLibrary.dll, and the installer wont run without these. Is there any way for me to compile both of those .DLLs so I'm left with a single .EXE file that can do all the work?

Thanks.

Sunday, September 25, 2011 9:22 PM

Answers

• Data Extension is protected from ILMerge and ILDasm to prevent decompilation.

It is possible to make portable exe but that requires knowledge of C# or VB.

If you want make free installer I would suggest using Inno for your case.

Sorry My Bad English
    Monday, September 26, 2011 6:53 PM

All replies

• Well, with Small Basic itself, you can't. I understand however, that there are some tools out there that will edit the exe's resources and stuff the dlls into the application. There was one I found by Rezoh.Ru. The link here.
    ~~AirWaves!!~~
    • Marked as answer by LMCSHERRY Monday, September 26, 2011 3:17 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by LMCSHERRY Monday, September 26, 2011 3:27 PM
    Sunday, September 25, 2011 9:48 PM
  • Thanks for the help, but it didn't work.
    Monday, September 26, 2011 3:28 PM
  • Data Extension is protected from ILMerge and ILDasm to prevent decompilation.

It is possible to make portable exe but that requires knowledge of C# or VB.

If you want make free installer I would suggest using Inno for your case.

Sorry My Bad English
    Monday, September 26, 2011 6:53 PM
  • I could write one in Visual Basic and put it for you to download, if you want.
    ~~AirWaves!!~~
    • Edited by AirWaves Thursday, September 29, 2011 3:01 AM
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 3:01 AM