none
Unable to Install .Net Framework 3.5 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to install .NET 3.5 as required by SQL Server 2014 Standard version installation.  Tried installing via DISM but following script failed:

Dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /source:E:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess

Also tried installing thru Windows Powershell command as follows:

Add-WindowsCapability -Online -Name NetFx3~~~~ -Source D:\sources\sxs.

I have Windows 10 version 1809.

Appreciate any help

Tuesday, May 7, 2019 2:36 PM

All replies

• Hi MyrtleD,

Can you follow this link to install .NET Framework 3.5.1 link Or
    This link has Mircosoft Docs to install the framework Microsoft link

Let me know if this helps!!

Best Regards,
    Suraj Revankar

Tuesday, May 7, 2019 2:43 PM
  • Hi MyrtleD

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Have you installed all pending windows updates on your PC? Did you try to install it throu “turn windows feature on or off”? please share us the detail error info prompt after you failed run DISM command or powershell.

Please to see if there are any system errors and repair missing or corrupted system files.

• Open an elevated command prompt.
      • Run the "sfc /scannow" command.

2. Run the DISM tool to check and repair the Windows Update corruption errors

• Open an elevated command prompt.
    • Run the command:DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:\RepairSource\Windows /LimitAccess

Replace the C:\RepairSource\Windows placeholder with the location of your repair source.

Meanwhile, please try to collect and upload the install log by the Microsoft Visual Studio and .NET Framework Log Collection Tool to gather the installation logs. After using it, you will find vslogs.zip under %temp% folder. Please upload the file to https://onedrive.live.com/ and share the link here.

Download the .NET Framework 3.5 installer to install, The download link of the .NET Framework 3.5 installer: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=21

Please feel free to let me know if it unblocks you.

Sincerely

May

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, May 8, 2019 2:36 AM
  • Hi friend,

We have long time not hear any update from you.

I just wonder know if my solution is helpful for your issue and I will happy to receive your feedback.

May

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 9:43 AM