copy website problem RRS feed

• Question

• User-1556678718 posted

Hello, Previosly I used Visual Studio 2003 and in order to copy the site from a development environment into production environment I could choose to copy only the files necesery to run the web application, no source code was copied. The copy of the web application now makes a copy only of entire application, together with cs files. I try to publish the web site but i get : Error: Unable to create the Web 'http://servername/applicationName'. The Web server does not appear to have the FrontPage server extensions installed. and on the server I have FrontPage Server Extensions installed. The server is Windows 2003. I am using ajax and i have it installed also on the server too. And when i try to copy it localy, on my pc (XP) not on the server I can copy it but when I run it it does not get the current windows user and does not connect to active directory. Can anyone help me solve my problem?

Monday, December 10, 2007 1:13 AM

All replies

• User-1432329162 posted

Active Directory is not available in XP. Maybe because of that, ur website cannot access AD in your webserver.

Check the IIS. Is your servername already be an application in IIS?

Hope it helps,

Near

Tuesday, January 1, 2008 2:13 AM