none
[UWP C#] AdControl freeze the app but hover animations are working RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I have an issue with adcontrols that literally blocks the app until they are fully loaded in the page. What happens is that animations works, but clicks, scrolling and every interaction with the app is completely ignored until the ad loads.

few steps to reproduce the issue.

1) Download Manga Pixie from the store (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/manga-pixie/9mxbgpvcr2nt?SilentAuth=1&wa=wsignin1.0)

2) Click on My Favorites, then on Home, then My Library, repeat. 

3) On my notebook with last windows version (Pro 64 bit 17763) I see that hover animations works but clicks are ignored.

I'm using 1 adslot per page, a banner.

When I test without ads (they don't get loaded for paid version), clicking on My Favorites and Home repeatedly is super fast. 

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 9:33 AM

All replies

• I've seen it happening with Outbrain ads.
    Friday, April 5, 2019 1:31 PM
  • I have the same issue with my 2 apps : "Oggi in TV" and "Password Wallet Sync" but only on some notebook, for example HP Spectre 360 with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 1809. Note that with previous version (1803) I never had freezing issues. With other king of PC or notebooks and same OS version I haven'' any problems. It's really a mistery and I can't find any solution. I have the freezing issue with real advertising and with test advertising so I guess the problem is inside the adcontrol thread. Could be useful if we have the source code for a deep debug.

Moreno Borsalino

Saturday, May 4, 2019 2:53 PM
  • It's pathetic how bad this ad control is, every week some other problem pops up. I am having the same issue, but I am pretty certain it is not limited to Outbrain ads - it also happens with the Microsoft test ad.

Have you found a solution to the problem? I downloaded your apps but for me the ad control didn't freeze the app

Friday, May 24, 2019 8:41 PM