EF 4.1 RRS feed

• Question

• where is ContextBuilder that was in Microsoft.Data.Entity.CTP here in EF 4.1?
    Sunday, July 31, 2011 7:51 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

The ContextBuilder has been splitted into two seperate classes for a long time ago (in CTP4), you can read about it in this thread:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/adonetefx/thread/5f59aad6-8a0b-4e57-9325-d399493ceadf

also this blog article has a description of this

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/adonet/archive/2010/07/14/ctp4codefirstwalkthrough.aspx

Hope this helps!

--Rune

If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful".
    Sunday, July 31, 2011 8:00 AM
  • Hi Rune, thank you for the answer.

I read it, and before you introduce it to me but I couldn't replace my old code:

public class Repository<TContext> where TContext : ObjectContext

{

[ThreadStatic]

private static TContext context;

public static TContext Context

{

get

{

if (context == null)

{

var ctxBuilder = new ContextBuilder<TContext>();

var cs = System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["ConnectionString.SQL Server (SqlClient)"];

context = ctxBuilder.

Create(new SqlConnection(cs));

}

return context;

}

}

}

Sunday, July 31, 2011 8:58 AM
  • Hi,

Well, the blog article describes your problem quite good in section 6 Create a derivied context. That describes how you use a model builder to create the model object which you can in turn use to create the object context by calling CreateObjectContext.

I can't see why this shouldn't work for you.

--Rune

If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful".
    Sunday, July 31, 2011 2:11 PM