none
executing list of test cases RRS feed

All replies

• Hi,

Yes, we could run the automated tests via tcm tool.

For example:

tcm run /create /title:"Nightly Run" /planid:1 /querytext:"SELECT * FROM TestPoint WHERE ConfigurationId=13" /settingsname:"<Name of your automated test settings>" /testenvironment:"<Name of a matching environment>" /collection:<CollectionURL> /teamproject:<Team Project name>

Thanks

Best Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, May 9, 2014 6:47 AM
  • You can use any of the three available command line tools (VSTest.Console, MSTest, TCM) depending on type of tests and your environments.

See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms182486(v=vs.110).aspx

TejasJ.

Friday, May 9, 2014 8:53 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.

Friday, May 9, 2014 3:17 PM
  • Is there a way in vsts where I can run the list of test cases one by one without any user interference?
    Monday, May 19, 2014 8:03 PM
  • All these command line tools are part of VSTS or related packs.

Please explain what you are trying to achive. What is your requirement? What is the issue in executing through  any of the listed command line? What is the meaning of "without user interference"?

TejasJ.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 4:43 AM
  • In test manager I have created the test cases. My manager wants test cases to be executed one by one without testers inteference. So in simple words when tester selects the list of test cases and  he wants to  execute, how can he do it without him being manually selecting the test cases and running it. Is there a way tester can select the test cases and click on run button and automatically test cases will run one by one? Currently in Test manager user can only do this manually? Does vsts have any functionality of doing this automatically and not manually?

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 8:21 PM
  • Do you mean you want to automate the test cases? See Record and play back manual tests and Creating System Tests Using Visual Studio.

TejasJ.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 4:40 AM
  • I am familiar with automating the test cases in vsts and executing it. My question is in regards to the answer given above that with console I can execute the test cases. i.e (VSTest.console,MSTest, TCM).  Is there a way without console I can execute the list of test cases one by one automatically?
    Wednesday, May 21, 2014 1:08 PM
  • There are a number of ways you can create a list of tests to be executed.  Perhaps the simplest would be ordered test.  But you could create a play list or use the vsmdi test list (I suspect thats getting retired though)

And as every one else kicking these off can be done with any of the three command line tools.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 3:37 PM