none
Alternative to AddTextEffect to insert watermark RRS feed

• Question

• I have a VBA template that uses the Shapes.AddTextEffect method to insert a watermark into the document header.  I need the macro to insert the watermark on Word on the Mac, as well as on Windows.  However, the method does not appear to be working in the object model on Word VBA for Mac. 

If I record a macro on the Mac, the .AddTextEffect method is actually shown in the resulting VBA recorded macro.  However, an error 4231 (command not available) occurs when I try to run the line of code containing AddTextEffect.  I dug around the Object Browser and AddTextEffect is indeed missing on the Mac.

Aside from resorting programmatically inserting the watermark via a building block or autotext, does anyone know of a better alternative that will work on with Word VBA on both Windows and Mac? 

Thanks in advance.

• Edited by wordyone Wednesday, July 18, 2018 1:42 AM
    Wednesday, July 18, 2018 1:41 AM

Answers

• Hello wordyone,

As far as I know, Word Object model does not provide alternative for AddTextEffect to add a text watermark. If the AddTextEffect is indeed missing on Mac, I think we could not add text watermark on Mac with VBA.

As workaround, I would suggest you try to add a picture to watermark which uses AddPicture function.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by wordyone Wednesday, July 18, 2018 9:53 PM
    Wednesday, July 18, 2018 8:38 AM