Can mirroring be implemented using SMO. RRS feed

• Question

• I wanted know that is it possible to implement mirroring in C#.NET framework using SMO (I need specifically a web applicaton). which willl provide a naive user the facilities integrated in SSMS. I am using VS.NET 2005 and SQL Server 2005 SP1.
    Thanks and Regards,
    Adii
    Tuesday, October 31, 2006 6:06 AM

All replies

• Can you please clarify your question.

Database mirroring is a feature provided in "SQL Server 2005 SP1". Can you please elaborate what you mean by "implementing" it?

Monday, November 6, 2006 2:07 AM
  • Thanks Sanjay,
                             I wanted to know that are there any classes or APIs provided, so that I can programmatically achieve mirroring in my application. Does SMO namespace can provide any assistance in this? Please do let me know if you know or find some solution for the same. I have SQL Server 2005 SP1 installed, but I don't want to use SSMS for doing mirroring. I want to provide this facility in my application to the user programmatically.
    Monday, November 6, 2006 6:26 AM
  • I too am very interested in this answer. We are looking to automate some of the setup and configuration and it would be nice to be able to use SMO or some other exposed APIs to do it with.
    Thursday, November 9, 2006 11:14 PM