Windows App Certification Kit 3.3 Failing badge Logo

Question

• I keep getting this error when I run the App cert kit 3.3

the images do have a white background and were created in photoshop.

Of course, as usual you click the link in the error message and you get no sensible help at all, is this a bug?

is there anyway around it?

Thanks in advance.

App resources validation
      • Error Found: The app resources validation test detected the following errors:
        • Image reference "Assets\BadgeLogo.png": The image "Assets\BadgeLogo.scale-240.png" has an ABGR value "0xEFF4F2FD" at position (22, 0) that is not valid. The pixel must be white (##FFFFFF) or transparent (00######).
        • Image reference "Assets\BadgeLogo.png": The image "C:\Windows\temp\appcert_09B8\XXXXXXXXXXXXX_1.1.0.4_neutral_split.scale-100_dc53v1pep4hcp\Assets\BadgeLogo.scale-100.png" has an ABGR value "0xE5FCFCFF" at position (3, 0) that is not valid. The pixel must be white (##FFFFFF) or transparent (00######).
        • Image reference "Assets\BadgeLogo.png": The image "C:\Windows\temp\appcert_09B8\XXXXXXXXXXXX_1.1.0.4_neutral_split.scale-140_dc53v1pep4hcp\Assets\BadgeLogo.scale-140.png" has an ABGR value "0xECF8F7FE" at position (8, 0) that is not valid. The pixel must be white (##FFFFFF) or transparent (00######).
      • Image reference "Assets\BadgeLogo.png": The image "Assets\BadgeLogo.scale-240.png" has an ABGR value "0xEFF4F2FD" at position (22, 0) that is not valid. The pixel must be white (##FFFFFF) or transparent (00######).

Monday, August 11, 2014 4:24 PM

Answers

• Hi Navy,

Let's say from the error message, it looks like you image are not validated, but you mentioned your image is generated by Photoshop, for this reason I would invite you do some tests:

#1, create a blank app, use the images you created by photoshop as the badge logo, test with WACK to see the result.

#2, replace your current app with default badges: Badge overview

Anyway I do not see badge logo accept scale 240 in my manifest.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 1:53 AM

All replies

• Hello,

It looks like this question is more related to an issue with the WACK tool. For better visibility, I have moved your post to the appropriate Tools forum.

Thank you,

-Jonathan

Windows and Windows Phone Dev Center Support

Office Store Developer Support

Send us your feedback about the Windows Platform

Friday, August 15, 2014 7:42 PM
  • Hi Navy,

Let's say from the error message, it looks like you image are not validated, but you mentioned your image is generated by Photoshop, for this reason I would invite you do some tests:

#1, create a blank app, use the images you created by photoshop as the badge logo, test with WACK to see the result.

#2, replace your current app with default badges: Badge overview

Anyway I do not see badge logo accept scale 240 in my manifest.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 1:53 AM
  • I also had a Issue wit the Certification Kit, but I noticed you saying you don't have the 240 Scale. I use VS 2013 Update 3 and this is the screen for me.
    Tuesday, September 16, 2014 8:42 AM
  • 240 is the option for Windows Phone, but not for Windows Store.

--James

Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 8:46 AM
  • Hi 

Are you using batch in your application ? 

if yes then you have to add this image otherwise it will show exception.

Second thing Badge image should be transparent. it should look like icon which have no back ground.

Mark this answer , if it you find this helpful

Thanks

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 9:47 AM