Different behaviour between installation via visual studio and power shell

Question

• I have a strange behaviour on Windows 8.1:

On my developing machine my app (a file- and tile creating/updating app with a Background Task) runs perfect in all features: The release Version with visual Studio running and without visual Studio running.

Now I whant to test the app on different machines and therefore I create the store app package and install it via the shortcut menue on the target Systems ( in this way: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh975356.aspx)

I did this on my developing machine too and on all Systems (one Desktop and 3 Notebooks) two things doesn't work:

The app creates grids with some graphics and save this grids to png-files. The created files are empty.

On the large tiles (TileSquare310x310Image and TileSquare310x310ImageCollection) and on wide tiles (TileWide310x150ImageCollection)  image1 isn't displayed (image2-image5 will be shown).

I use other tile templates too (with and without graphics) and on this tile everything is perfect.

Again: The same app, installed via visual Studio 2013 works perfect.

What's wrong with my way?

Greeting from Germany (I hope you understand my problem - english isn't my native language)

Ralf

Saturday, January 31, 2015 12:47 PM

Answers

• So strange the behaviour so strange the solution (at least for the 8.1 machines) :)

The tile problem was my own fault (how to use the own program :)).

The solution for the empty file problem was to recreate the package (and i did this two or three times before I posted my problem).

This solve the problem on the Windows 8.1 machines, only on the Windows 10 machine (build 9841 I think) the problem remains (but this could depends on the win 10 build).

Greeting
    Ralf

• Marked as answer by Ralf_Ellersiek Sunday, February 01, 2015 1:29 AM
    Sunday, February 01, 2015 1:29 AM

All replies

• So strange the behaviour so strange the solution (at least for the 8.1 machines) :)

The tile problem was my own fault (how to use the own program :)).

The solution for the empty file problem was to recreate the package (and i did this two or three times before I posted my problem).

This solve the problem on the Windows 8.1 machines, only on the Windows 10 machine (build 9841 I think) the problem remains (but this could depends on the win 10 build).

Greeting
    Ralf

• Marked as answer by Ralf_Ellersiek Sunday, February 01, 2015 1:29 AM
    Sunday, February 01, 2015 1:29 AM
  • Hi Ralf,

Thanks for sharing your solution here.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, February 02, 2015 1:31 AM