none
Visual Studio 2015 not launching. devenv.exe Suspended and terminated immediately after Launch RRS feed

• Question

• After re-installing Visual Studio 2015, the studio refuses to launch, even after trying to run as Administrator. On inspecting Task Manager, Devenv.exe starts and runs for a few sec, then is suspended and terminated almost immediately even in resource manager. Thus nothing even starts up on the screen. I have been stuck on this and it is really annoying. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, yet the issue persists. I have done devenv.exe \resetsettings \resetuserdata in comand prompt yet nothing.
    Tuesday, August 6, 2019 3:44 PM

All replies

• Hi Anya,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

First, the logs which collects any information during the process is necessary. Please run the command "devenv /log" to generate the log file so that you can share it with us.

The log location is %APPDATA%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Version\ActivityLog.xml

Did you make any changes on the operating system like windows update or install any other software before the issue happened? The issue is probably caused by the environment of operating system or the interference of the other programs.

•  You can use a clean boot to check whether there is a program disturbing your visual studio
    •  You can use command line "sfc /scannow" to check whether there are any corrupted files and remember to run it as administrator.

l hope it could help you.

Best Regards,

Perry 

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, August 7, 2019 6:59 AM
  • Hi Anya,

Did you try my steps to solve this issue? If it does not work ,please feel free to let us know and do not forget to provide the necessary logs.

We are willing to help you further.

Best Regards,

Perry

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, August 9, 2019 6:56 AM