none
Problem with report viewer on live server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I've deployed a site with reports to our live server but they won't run. I've had a look around the net and installed the redistributable 2008 with no effect. The error I get is:

Could not load type 'Microsoft.Reporting.LocalModeSecurityValidatorCallback' from assembly 'Microsoft.ReportViewer.Common, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Microsoft.Reporting.LocalModeSecurityValidatorCallback' from assembly 'Microsoft.ReportViewer.Common, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'.

Source Error:

Line 31: Line 32: </table> Line 33: <rsweb:ReportViewer Width="100%" ID="ReportViewer1" runat="server" AsyncRendering="false" Visible="false" ondrillthrough="ReportViewer1_Drillthrough" ShowBackButton="True"> Line 34: </rsweb:ReportViewer> Line 35: 

Any ideas?

Cheers
    Jon
    Monday, March 23, 2009 4:46 PM

All replies

• Hi levyuk1,

Did you found solution to it?

I'm having same problem...

Thanks.
    Friday, June 26, 2009 3:58 PM
  • Download the Report Viewer 2008 SP1 Redistributable from the following address:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloadS/details.aspx?familyid=BB196D5D-76C2-4A0E-9458-267D22B6AAC6&displaylang=en

Then use this dlls instead of the ones that comes with Visual Studio 2008. You may also need the xml manifest for Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms.dll that comes with 2008 version.

Take a look at this article on how to use the dlls from the redistributable:

Note: copying the dlls worked for me on a shared web hosting.

Hope this may help you.
    Saturday, September 26, 2009 2:52 PM
  • Víctor Suárez ,

Your solution worked for me only for about a week. Now when I try to access the web page again, it just keeps trying to load the page; after a long long time, it says:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:

• You are not connected to the Internet.
    • The website is encountering problems.
    • There might be a typing error in the address.

I know it is still the dll problems since other pages works fine and it works fine on my laptop. What exactly could be the cause of the new problem? How can I fix it?

Thanks.
    • Edited by Wenkun Tuesday, October 27, 2009 9:20 PM More info
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 9:13 PM
  • Hello,WenKun。
    Have you fixed the problem? I have the same problem as you.Can you give me the solution? Thanks.
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 6:25 AM
  • Based on the error, there is a mix of binaries on the machine. The method in question was added in SP1 of the V9 control. Please make sure that all RV binaries are at the SP1 level. Installing the Report Redist for Sp1 should do the trick.
    Brad Syputa, Microsoft Reporting Services This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 10:56 PM
  • thanks
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 7:16 AM
  • Getting the same error on client machine. Installing the Report Viewer 2008 SP1 Redistributable on my development machine had no effect, after publishing clickonce looks like ReportViewer is still 9.0.0.0.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 7:12 PM