The good, the bad, the ugly RRS feed

• Question

• Good:

First let me tell you this has already been very useful to me.  When I set up our transactional replication in SQL 2005 the nonclustered indexes weren't replicating properly (even though I set the option through the GUI).  Obviously the replicas were slow and since they were being used, I was unable to try to recreate the replication schema.  Instead I whipped up Database Pro and did a schema compare on our publisher and subscribers and scripted out the non-clustered index.  It worked perfectly and I was able to apply the scripts on our replicas.  Thanks.

Bad:

However we are creating a new database (actually 4 different databases) in SQL 2005 using schemas, CLR, and Service Broker.  I simply imported the entire database schema from our development machine into into a SQL 2005 Database Project on my local machine and it came up with 230 errors.  Yikes. 
    34 errors for first database
    19 - Cannot find the object [Schema].[Object] because it does not exist or you do not have permissions.
    15 - The specified schema name [Schema] either does not exist or you do not have permission to use it.

0 errors for second database
    (database is empty)

16 errors for third database
    6 - Cannot find the object [Schema].[Object] because it does not exist or you do not have permissions.
    10 - The specified schema name [Schema] either does not exist or you do not have permission to use it.

180 errors for fourth database
    11 - Assembly [AssemblyName] was not found in the SQL catalog of database [Databasename]_DesignDB_fda663a1-836d-403d-bb70-51f5c1c8793c.
    69 - Cannot find the object [Schema].[Object] because it does not exist or you do not have permissions.
    1 - Collection specified does not exist in metadata : [SchemaName]
    2 - CREATE ASSEMBLY for assembly [AssemblyName] failed because assembly [AssemblyName] is not authorized for PERMISSION_SET = UNSAFE.  The assembly is authorized when either of the following is true: the database owner (DBO) has UNSAFE ASSEMBLY permission and the database has the TRUSTWORTHY database property on; or the assembly is signed with a certificate or an asymmetric key that has a corresponding login with UNSAFE ASSEMBLY permission.
    2 - Incorrect syntax near ..
    2 - Incorrect syntax near EXECUTE.
    4 - Invalid object name [Schema].[Object]
    1 - Object [Schema].[Object] does not exist or is invalid for this operation.
    88 - The specified schema name [Schema] either does not exist or you do not have permission to use it.

I have gone through the database schema and don't see any errors that the above is finding.

No Ugly yet

Thanks for working on creating this!

Aaron Lowe

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 11:41 PM

Answers

• CTP 4 DOES NOT support SQL Server 2005. It's coming in the next CTP.

Cheers,

Brian Randell
    MCW Technologies

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 5:32 AM
  • Thanks, I look forward to CTP5.  I will post back here on how many errors (if any) I recieve.

Thanks,

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 5:22 PM

All replies

• CTP 4 DOES NOT support SQL Server 2005. It's coming in the next CTP.

Cheers,

Brian Randell
    MCW Technologies

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 5:32 AM
  • Well, I guess that would explain it...lol.  Guess I just got excited.

Thanks,

Aaron

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 2:45 PM
  • Aaron -

Looking at the list of SQL2005 statements that are not fully implemented in CTP5, I think you should see a vast improvement :). It appears that the majority of the issues you listed are items that we addressed in CTP5 (multiple schemas, create assembly, etc). Please let us know once CTP5 is available, if you are still having issues. We've been trying to get the more common statements implemented first to increase the likelihood that folks like yourself can exercise CTP5 and provide feedback on our SQL2005 support. Let us know how well we did :).

thanks,

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 4:39 PM
  • Thanks, I look forward to CTP5.  I will post back here on how many errors (if any) I recieve.

Thanks,

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 5:22 PM