none
Error: EE_OUTOFMEMORY from MySQL RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a web application on Azure with MySQL database that gives this error:

'Error: EE_OUTOFMEMORY: Out of memory (Needed 1379072 bytes)'

Locally everything works without problems.

Need your help.

Respectfully,
    Mirlan

Monday, July 8, 2019 3:24 PM

All replies

• Hi Mirlan,

Thanks for the feedback. Could you please elaborate the scenario you are trying to execute which resulted in this error.

For out of memory there could be plenty of reasons. In the meanwhile you can try Troubleshooting steps to find the reason for this error.

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 10:06 AM
  • Hi,

We use Basic plan with 1.75 RAM, 10 Gb file storage.

MySQL server 2 Cores with 2 Gb each core. In this MySQL server, we have three instances: 2 are the same and the last one is for a test.

When our application sent to MySQL one block of queries which is about 4500+ queries concatenated we receive 'Error: EE_OUTOFMEMORY: Out of memory (Needed 1379072 bytes)', but MySQL server still works.

If we send < 4500 queries, all is OK.

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 2:53 PM
  • Hi,

Apologies for the delay in response.

There are 3 major cases when MySQL will crash due to running out of memory:
    1. MySQL tries to allocate more memory than available because we specifically told it to do so. For example: you did not set innodb_buffer_pool_size correctly. This is very easy to fix.
    2. There is some other process(es) on the server that allocates RAM. It can be the application (java, python, php), web server or even the backup (i.e. mysqldump). When the source of the problem is identified, it is straightforward to fix.
    3. Memory leaks in MySQL. This is a worst-case scenario, and we need to troubleshoot.

Mostly it seems, you have not set innodb_buffer_pool_size, as with <4500 it is working fine. So it might be reaching the threshold at around 4500.

You can refer this URL for further debugging.

Hope this helps.

Friday, July 19, 2019 10:11 AM
  • Just checking in to see if the above answer(s) helped.

If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread .

And, if you have any further query do let us know

Thursday, July 25, 2019 6:38 AM
  • Hi,

I hope the information provided for your concern is helpful. Please "Mark as answer" if it was helpful, so that it can help the other users with same problem.

If you need more information, please let us know.

Monday, July 29, 2019 11:15 AM
  • Hi,

I hope the information provided for your concern is helpful. Please "Mark as answer" if it was helpful, so that it can help the other users with same problem.

If you need more information, please let us know.

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 9:09 AM