none
Help Viewer 2.0 displays code parts with worst font (not Courier)

Question

• Hi all!

I use Win 7 with Russian localization. And I use VS 2017 with English localization.

And Help Viewer 2.0 does not use font with Courier to display code parts.

How possible to change the font for Help Viewer 2.0?

Friday, April 07, 2017 7:49 PM

All replies

• Hi Anatoly Isakov,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to your description, I found some other community members already reported it to the VS Product Team, please check this: Help Viewer 2.0 ugly monospace font and the VS Product Team replied the following:

>>Thank you for taking the time to fill out a Connect bug for the Help viewer 2.0.  We are aware of this issue and have a bug in our backlog tracking it for next version planning.  Unfortunately, at this stage in the product cycle we are unable to address this for the current release as we are only taking critical and high priority bug fixes.  Even though we cannot always act on every issue reported, we do like to hear feedback, so please don’t hesitate to file an issue.

I found the help viewer of VS 2017 is 2.3 version, not the 2.0 and we can install it through modify the VS 2017 installer and go to Individual components>Code tools, select the option "Help Viewer" to install it.

After the installation, go to Help-Add and Remove Help Content to check this issue. If this issue persists, you can report it to the VS Product Team like other community members. If so, please share the link in here, so other community members who meet the same issue in VS 2017 can vote it and know the progress, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 10, 2017 6:33 AM
  • Hi Sara,

you are right - VS 2017 has Help Viewer 2.3.

I send the feedback to VS Product team.

Best regards,

Anatoly

Monday, April 10, 2017 8:59 AM
  • Hi Anatoly Isakov,

Thank you for your update.

If you already reported this feedback to the VS Product Team, could you please share the link in here when you have free time, it will help other community members to know the detail information about this feedback, thank you for your cooperation :)

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 1:28 AM
  • Hi Anatoly Isakov,

Thank you for your update.

If you already reported this feedback to the VS Product Team, could you please share the link in here when you have free time, it will help other community members to know the detail information about this feedback, thank you for your cooperation :)

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support

I opened the call in Developer Community forum. Link.

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 5:38 AM
  • Hi Anatoly Isakov,

Thank you for your sharing.

Since you already reported this issue to the VS Product Team and we need to waiting for the support from the VS Product Team Engineers. We can temporarily mark your reply as answer and it will help other community members to easier search this information and redirect to the right place, so they can vote it and leave comments in that thread and know the progress, thank you for your understanding.

Meanwhile, I will pay attention to this issue and if there have any update or workaround in the Developer Community forum, I will update it in this thread too.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 6:10 AM