Invalid package identity name RRS feed

• Question

• I have a cordova app published for windows phone 8.1

I have upgraded the app to windows 10 using Visual Studio 2017

My Package/Identity/Name is something like 57308Text.MoreText (not really but the pattern is the same)

Visual studio build fails indicating an invalid id pattern (cannot start with a number):

error APPX0501: Validation error. error C00CE169: App manifest validation error: The app manifest must be valid as per schema: Line 26, Column 18, Reason: '57308Text.MoreText' violates restriction pattern of '([A-Za-z][A-Za-z0-9]*)(\.[A-Za-z][A-Za-z0-9]*)*'.

If I remove the offending starting number the build succeeds but when I upload the packages (CordovaApp.Windows10_4.5.0.0_arm.appxupload, CordovaApp.Windows10_4.5.0.0_x64.appxupload, CordovaApp.Windows10_4.5.0.0_x86.appxupload) all give the same error (expected):

Invalid package identity name: Text.MoreText (expected: 57308Text.MoreText)

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Manuel Alves

mjda

• Moved by Mattew Wu Tuesday, June 20, 2017 3:12 AM
    Wednesday, June 14, 2017 11:34 AM

Answers

• Hi Manuel,

Does this error C00CE169 exist if you create a blank UWP app in your Visual Studio and then associate it to the store?

Best Regards,

Annievia Chen

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Manuel Alves Friday, June 16, 2017 7:51 AM
    Friday, June 16, 2017 6:33 AM

All replies

• Hi Manuel,

What if you reserve a new name for your app and then associate your app with the store choosing that new name?

Usually this works.

And you are welcomed to update the progress here.

Best Regards,

Annievia Chen

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 15, 2017 9:44 AM
  • Hi Annievia,

Thank you for your response.

I've reserved a new name for the same app but the App identity remains the same.

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/dashboard/apps/ -> myApp -> App management -> App identity

I even created a new App but the new app identity also starts with digits... I notice it's always the same (maybe my account).

Right now I have 3 names ( I cannot delete the failed experiments). The identities are:

57308Libware.AMinhaBiblioteca

57308Libware.Biblioteca

57308Libware.mylib.eu

All start with 57308 which gives me the build error APPX0501: Validation error. error C00CE169: App manifest validation error: The app manifest must be valid as per schema: Line 26, Column 18, Reason: '57308Libware.AMinhaBiblioteca' violates restriction pattern of '([A-Za-z][A-Za-z0-9]*)(\.[A-Za-z][A-Za-z0-9]*)*'.

Best regards,

Manuel Alves

Thursday, June 15, 2017 3:37 PM
  • Hi Manuel,

Does this error C00CE169 exist if you create a blank UWP app in your Visual Studio and then associate it to the store?

Best Regards,

Annievia Chen

MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by Manuel Alves Friday, June 16, 2017 7:51 AM
    Friday, June 16, 2017 6:33 AM
  • Hi Annievia,

Thank you very much for your assistance.

As you said, by creating a Blank Apache Cordova App did the trick. It no longer gives the error and the package gets validated (locally and in the store). I then added the code from the old Windows phone 8.1 Cordova app and the packages are validated.

Once again, thanks for the assistance.

Best regards,

Manuel Alves

Friday, June 16, 2017 7:51 AM