none
Need to input the same date into multiple fields on separate tables RRS feed

• Question

• I am creating a calendar scheduling app that will place the data I input from Access into Google Calendar as well as a separate field in another table basically documenting those same schedules. I already have Google Calendar and Access synced so that I can input values in a form and they will end up on Google Calendar, however, the same table used for the calendar cannot sync with any of the tables in my database, hence why it needs to be entered twice at the same time in different tables. Is there any way of doing this?
    Wednesday, January 27, 2016 2:16 AM

All replies

• >  the same table used for the calendar cannot sync with any of the tables in my database

Explain that a bit more. Are you using a desktop database? What version of Access?

"sync" is not a term we typically use around Access. Define it.

-Tom. Microsoft Access MVP

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 2:36 AM
  • I am creating a calendar scheduling app that will place the data I input from Access into Google Calendar as well as a separate field in another table basically documenting those same schedules. I already have Google Calendar and Access synced so that I can input values in a form and they will end up on Google Calendar, however, the same table used for the calendar cannot sync with any of the tables in my database, hence why it needs to be entered twice at the same time in different tables. Is there any way of doing this?

Hi Masterchief,

Did you try to give "any of the tables" a FK field, relating to a key field in "the Google table"?

Imb.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 8:22 AM
  • >>>however, the same table used for the calendar cannot sync with any of the tables in my database, hence why it needs to be entered twice at the same time in different tables. Is there any way of doing this?

According to your description, if I didn't misunderstand, you could create Data macro they are similar to "triggers" in Microsoft SQL Server.

Data macros are managed from the Table tab while viewing a table in Datasheet view, and do not appear under Macros in the Navigation Pane. Among other things, you can use data macros to validate and ensure the accuracy of data in a table. There are two main types of data macros—those that are triggered by table events (also called "event-driven" data macros), and those that run in response to being called by name (also known as "named" data macros).

For more information, click here to refer about Create a data macro

Thursday, January 28, 2016 3:22 AM