none
adding a .net framework RRS feed

• Question

•  I recently installed Microsoft visual studio 2015 but I am unable to create new projects because it is missing frameworks. I've downloaded and installed them but I can't figure out how to add them in the app. please help.
    Tuesday, October 25, 2016 7:53 AM

All replies

• Hi kayvin,

I'm afraid Visual Studio has not been installed in your computer.

Could you run "devenv.exe" and see a starting logo (splash screen) of Visual Studio?

If you could, you might do mis-operation for adding a new project.

Regards,

Ashidacchi

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 2:26 PM
  • Hi kayvin,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Which .NET Framework do you want to target?

To create a new project, click File->New->Project, after this, you will get the following page. If you want to target a .net framework which not be found, you could click “More Frameworks” to download .NET Framework.

If you couldn’t find any .NET Framework when you create a new project, go to Control Panel—Programs and Features, right-click the visual studio 2015 and change-repair.

.NET Framework 4/4.5/4.5.1/4.5.2/4.6/4.6.1 is included in visual studio 2015, please refer to here.

In addition to this, please make sure that what you launched is visual studio 2015 instead of Blend for visual studio 2015.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 5:11 AM