none
how do i have multiple kinects? and kinectmultipoint and multiple kinect mouses update RRS feed

• Question

• I wish to have multiple kinects and identify users on one kinect and not allow that same user to overtake another kinect session with another kinect plugged up to same computer.

kinectmultipoint and multiple mouses update:

I successfully got to a point were i can explain the second part of the kinect multipoint project which i have been tlaking around on the wdk forum about.  The kinect part relies on the second part of my application that calls dsf(device simulation framework code) to send mouse movements and clicks for each emulated mouse created. So the only problem on that half is the mouse mischief program doesn't recognize the mouse device even though i see its a generic hid mouse in control panel. Im asking people right now on the wdk  forum about this but i have updated my discussions up to enough to understand them on kinectmultipoint codeplex page and  i have the dsf sample on discussions because its still in testing but is straightforward to figure out because i posted the input report format help.

• Edited by The Thinker Thursday, October 20, 2011 7:35 PM
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 7:28 PM

Answers

• Skeletal tracking is only supported in one single kinect (kinect at index 0) in the Kinect SDK Beta 1 Refresh, so it is not even possible for user skeletons to appear in streams from multiple kinects. Only depth stream (withOUT player index) and RGB image streams are supported in multiple kinects plugged in to same computer.

Eddy

I'm here to help
    Friday, October 21, 2011 2:02 AM

All replies

• Skeletal tracking is only supported in one single kinect (kinect at index 0) in the Kinect SDK Beta 1 Refresh, so it is not even possible for user skeletons to appear in streams from multiple kinects. Only depth stream (withOUT player index) and RGB image streams are supported in multiple kinects plugged in to same computer.

Eddy

I'm here to help
    Friday, October 21, 2011 2:02 AM
  • Can i propose multiple skeleton and person tracking with multiple kinects although i already gave a similar suggestion in an earlier post i just wanted to add onto it.

BTW, thanks to you and everyone in the kinect forums for helping.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 12:03 PM