none
[UWP] AuthenticationContext closes App with no Exception RRS feed

• Question

• I've isolated this piece of code that causes the app to close without any exceptions being thrown:

Result = await _authContext.AcquireTokenAsync(_resourceUrl, _clientId, _redirectURI, new PlatformParameters(_promptBehavior, false));

It works as intended, except in one specific situation:

If I change a reset a user's password, the dialog will show up for about 10 seconds, then close the app on its own.  Are password resets suppose to be handled in some other way?

It only appears to happen in release mode with .NET native tool chain enabled.

Os Version: 10.0.14393.

Nugets:

Microsoft.Identity.Client v2.7.1

Microsoft.IdentityModel.Clients.ActiveDirectory v4.5.1

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 4:34 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Since the problem is more related to Azure API, it is out of the scope of UWP forum. I'll help you to move this thread to Azure Active Directory Forum and you could get more help there. Thank your for your patience.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 24, 2019 3:09 AM