Setup Devoloper preview - Why is the installation prompting me for drivers

Answers

• hi there,

could you be more specific about this issue? Did the setup ask you for drivers before or after installation of Win8?

If the setup asks for driver during or before application of Wim File, it means that they are needed in order to access Storage Device (Hard Drive).

you could try getting SATA controller drivers from Manufacturer and give it to it when asked for (USB Thumb drive is supported).

It is generally the only driver needed if your hardware is very recent and no drivers are included in Win8 Iso.

if the drivers are needed after installation (any other peripherals), you can first try to get you ethernet/wifi drivers and then do a Windows Update check.

if no drivers are found in WU, try on the manufacturer's site of each YellowBang'd peripherals in DeviceManager.

Best of luck, and keep us posted.

Pierre.

Http://www.redkaffe.com - Consultant/Formateur en region PACA
    Saturday, October 15, 2011 10:47 AM

All replies

• hi there,

could you be more specific about this issue? Did the setup ask you for drivers before or after installation of Win8?

If the setup asks for driver during or before application of Wim File, it means that they are needed in order to access Storage Device (Hard Drive).

you could try getting SATA controller drivers from Manufacturer and give it to it when asked for (USB Thumb drive is supported).

It is generally the only driver needed if your hardware is very recent and no drivers are included in Win8 Iso.

if the drivers are needed after installation (any other peripherals), you can first try to get you ethernet/wifi drivers and then do a Windows Update check.

if no drivers are found in WU, try on the manufacturer's site of each YellowBang'd peripherals in DeviceManager.

Best of luck, and keep us posted.

Pierre.

Http://www.redkaffe.com - Consultant/Formateur en region PACA
    Saturday, October 15, 2011 10:47 AM
  • it is before the instalation after i click install now. it pops up with a window saying about browse for drivers. i will try the sata drivers and will reply my progress
    Saturday, October 22, 2011 10:57 AM
  • Could you possibly give me a link to download drivers plz
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 5:18 PM
  • Hey Charlie.miller,

The drivers needed during the beginning of the installation will be for your hard drive and possibly drivers related to a RAID setup if you have one. Please provide your computer's make and model if you are unsure which drivers to download to provide for the installation.

Also if you are using a method other than taking the .ISO file and creating a DVD or USB, try creating an installation DVD or USB with the .ISO file and using that to install Windows Developer Preview.

Hope that helps.

Steven
    Saturday, November 26, 2011 9:11 PM