HELP - Assign static ip to a blob storage account RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone, i hope you're all doing good.

i have 2 questions :

• is it possible to assign a public ip to a blob storage account ?
    • is it possible to assign a public ip to an Azure Media service and invite clients to access to my Stream video with static ip and not with URL.

best regards.

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 2:22 PM

Answers

It's not just possible - it's mandatory. Every single storage account has a public endpoint/ip. That is assigned by the platform though - so it's not something that you control.

is it possible to assign a public ip to an Azure Media service and invite clients to access to my Stream video with static ip and not with URL.

It's not something that's supported.

More at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/media-services/latest/streaming-endpoint-concept

hth
    Marcin
    Tuesday, March 24, 2020 2:59 PM

All replies

It's not just possible - it's mandatory. Every single storage account has a public endpoint/ip. That is assigned by the platform though - so it's not something that you control.

is it possible to assign a public ip to an Azure Media service and invite clients to access to my Stream video with static ip and not with URL.

It's not something that's supported.

More at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/media-services/latest/streaming-endpoint-concept

hth
    Marcin
    Tuesday, March 24, 2020 2:59 PM
  • Hi Marcin
    thank you for taking time and gave me a hand.

so no chance to fix a static ip address to a stream endpoint to allow my clients watch my stream over one static IP address.

my last question about The public endpoint/ip assigned to the storage account is it static or dynamic ? can i see it i mean control it ? 

A Lot of Thanks to you. 

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 3:59 PM