none
Project server -> workspace creation using inetOpUtils method CreateWssSite->Get the status RRS feed

• Question

• I am using CreateWssSite method of WssInterop service to create
    project workspace.

How do I know when the site creation has been done? I believe the job
    is placed in a queue, but unlike the create and publish project calls
    we don't have a jobID with which to check the queue and see when it
    is done.
    The reason I ask is ,after creation of project workspace I want to add
    SharePoint group with specific permission to the workspace getting
    created. Code written after ,creation of workspace using
    CreateWssSite method, is not working.

If I step through the code (debug) or sleep for some time the call to
    CreateGroup method (I created to add group) works most of the time
    but not always.

Any other work around to know when CreateWssSite is done?

Thank you
    Alok

Thursday, January 28, 2010 11:15 AM

Answers

• Hey,

The only way I can think of doing this is with the Project Server events as Patrick suggested. It should not be to much overhead to have your event handler run for each project workspace creation. You just need away to identify if your application triggered the creation.

Chris Boyd

Thursday, February 4, 2010 3:33 AM

All replies

• Alok - can you not use the WSSInterop event handlers? There are before & after events for project workspace creation.
    Monday, February 1, 2010 5:45 PM
  • Patrick ,

1.       If you are talking about project server ->server side event handler ->WssInterop. I could use these events but I believe will fire for each project creation in project server (isn’t it overhead?). I wanted my logic to run only for projects created from my custom webpart.

2.       If I use aync events provided by wssInterop client (PSI->WCF) ,then by default Asynchronous operations are not allowed in this SPcontext.

Is there any other way around?

Thanks.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010 10:48 AM
  • Hey,

The only way I can think of doing this is with the Project Server events as Patrick suggested. It should not be to much overhead to have your event handler run for each project workspace creation. You just need away to identify if your application triggered the creation.

Chris Boyd

Thursday, February 4, 2010 3:33 AM
  • Hey,

The only way I can think of doing this is with the Project Server events as Patrick suggested. It should not be to much overhead to have your event handler run for each project workspace creation. You just need away to implementation identify if your application triggered the creation.

Chris Boyd

Sorry I'm new to this. Could you please give more details?
    Saturday, July 24, 2010 11:29 PM