Telerik RadControl For ASP.NET and AJAX RRS feed

• Question

• User34025640 posted

Hello everybody.

I am using Telerik RadControl For ASP.NET and AJAX for my college project. Telerik is installed in my desktop and eventually I will not be able to take it into my college during examination. There are two dll files Telerik.Web.Design.dll and Telerik.Web.UI.dll in the Bin directory of Telerik installation folder. Can I add these two file as reference into my project on my college's computer? Will it be helpful?

Is there any other way to do this? I may not get permission to install it into college's machine.

Thank you.

Saturday, September 18, 2010 9:13 AM

Answers

• User1525137291 posted

Hey Bose,

I don't think it is necessary to have Telerik installed on ur system for an already prepared website to be run. Make sure you have a folder in your project where you add your both dlls and give reference to that. Make sure you have web.ui.dll in your bin folder for sure. Rather than a project, run it as a website, that way, it will always look for dlls and other references in your solution itself.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, September 18, 2010 12:01 PM
  • User1525137291 posted

True.

Skin usually looks for ur installed skins in the directory.

You have to copy the skin css and the images folder and put it to your solution. And make sure you set the enableembededskins to false. But yeah, even if you do that, it tries to look for Custom skin folder in ur default installation directory.

Try to apply a custom css instead of skin. but instead of that, it looks for default skin.

This is a issue for sure. Just give a try with custom css not custom skin. There are 10% chances of it to work I guess

Saturday, September 18, 2010 1:29 PM

All replies

• User1525137291 posted

Hey Bose,

I don't think it is necessary to have Telerik installed on ur system for an already prepared website to be run. Make sure you have a folder in your project where you add your both dlls and give reference to that. Make sure you have web.ui.dll in your bin folder for sure. Rather than a project, run it as a website, that way, it will always look for dlls and other references in your solution itself.

Saturday, September 18, 2010 12:01 PM
  • User34025640 posted

Thank you smithspd.

So you are assuring that there will be no problem of running the website if it is opened as website by visual studio and if it has the aforesaid dll file attached as reference to that project!

If I use Skin to the components then how can my project access that Skin without installation of telerik in college's computer? Should I have to add that used Skin to my project? If so how can I do this?

I really appreciate your help.

Regards.

Saturday, September 18, 2010 12:26 PM
  • User1525137291 posted

True.

Skin usually looks for ur installed skins in the directory.

You have to copy the skin css and the images folder and put it to your solution. And make sure you set the enableembededskins to false. But yeah, even if you do that, it tries to look for Custom skin folder in ur default installation directory.

Try to apply a custom css instead of skin. but instead of that, it looks for default skin.

This is a issue for sure. Just give a try with custom css not custom skin. There are 10% chances of it to work I guess

Saturday, September 18, 2010 1:29 PM