Acknowledging a new data insertion RRS feed

• Question

• User-331309652 posted

I have an Access database on my website. A site user can add his details (name, email, tel.no. etc.) to the database via a DetailsView form and an Insert command. I want to display a 'Thank you for sending your details' message back to the user when the database has successfully updated. How can I do that? I'm relatively new to asp.net and VB, so nothing too complicated please. I'm using VWD 2008 and ASPNET Framework 3.5.

Friday, December 26, 2008 12:52 PM

Answers

• User-821857111 posted

Add a Label to your form with an ID of "Confirmed".

Click the AccessDataSource control in Design View to select it, then hit F4.  That should bring up the porperties of the datasource control.  Click the lightning bolt to get the events, and find the Inserted event.  Double click it, and an event handler shouldd be created in code.  Within that, set the text of the Label to the message you want to display:

Confirmed.Text = "Thank you for sending your details"

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, December 26, 2008 1:15 PM

All replies

• User-821857111 posted

Add a Label to your form with an ID of "Confirmed".

Click the AccessDataSource control in Design View to select it, then hit F4.  That should bring up the porperties of the datasource control.  Click the lightning bolt to get the events, and find the Inserted event.  Double click it, and an event handler shouldd be created in code.  Within that, set the text of the Label to the message you want to display:

Confirmed.Text = "Thank you for sending your details"

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, December 26, 2008 1:15 PM
  • User-331309652 posted

That's very helpful - thanks.

Saturday, December 27, 2008 6:20 AM