none
Kernelbase.dll & System Argument Exception RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using a open source train simulator that requires the .NET 4 Framework to run. Every time I load up the exterior of a certain train, the program just crashes and Event Viewer always gives me two events:

Event 1026, .NET Runtime

Application: OpenBve.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.ArgumentException
    Stack:
       at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Int32, Int32, System.Drawing.Imaging.PixelFormat)
       at OpenBve.Textures.Resize(OpenBveApi.Textures.Texture, Int32, Int32)
       at OpenBve.Textures.UpsizeToPowerOfTwo(OpenBveApi.Textures.Texture)
       at OpenBve.Textures.LoadTexture(Texture, OpenGlTextureWrapMode)
       at OpenBve.Renderer.ShowObject(Int32, ObjectType)
       at OpenBve.ObjectManager.InitializeAnimatedObject(AnimatedObject ByRef, Int32, Boolean, Boolean)
       at OpenBve.TrainManager.InitializeCarSection(Train, Int32, Int32)
       at OpenBve.TrainManager.ChangeCarSection(Train, Int32, Int32)

Event 1000, Application Error

Faulting application name: OpenBve.exe, version: 1.4.2.0, time stamp: 0x4fed5890
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17651, time stamp: 0x4e211319
    Exception code: 0xe0434352
    Fault offset: 0x0000b9bc
    Faulting process id: 0xf28
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cd66778888aeab
    Faulting application path: C:\Users\Macbook\Desktop\openBVE\OpenBve.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: 1fb4bf5a-d26b-11e1-960e-0023121352ec

Since the program is open source, the source code is available here in the Source Code folder: 

http://odakyufan.zxq.net/openbve/index.html

I was wondering whether anyone could perhaps spot out the issue with the sim. I ran sfc /scannow and did a clean boot already so I'm pretty sure Kernelbase.dll isn't corrupted
    • Moved by Brian Kennemer, MVP Saturday, July 21, 2012 2:53 AM (From:Project Customization and Programming)
    Friday, July 20, 2012 1:20 PM

All replies

• Hi GoYan,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum.

I didn't found where the constructors is used

System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Int32, Int32, System.Drawing.Imaging.PixelFormat)

in this function 

OpenBve.Textures.Resize(OpenBveApi.Textures.Texture, Int32, Int32)

So did you changed the source code?

When I downloaded the project and run directly without any changes, I failed by missing some reference and language config file.

So would you like to give me a copy of your test application?

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, July 23, 2012 5:59 AM
  • Because of the slow internet here in my hotel room it is difficult for me to post here in the forums. I'll be back home in approximately a week and I'll post again in this topic when I am back. Thanks Mike, I'll get you started with the sim when I get back. Hopefully you'll be able to reproduce the error. I can't reproduce it whatsoever on my other machine... 
    Monday, July 23, 2012 1:56 PM
  • Hi GoYankees,

If you cannot reproduce it on another machine, this issue may be related to your computer config or other environment settings.

So you can compare one working machine and your failed machine to find the differences. And that should be the root cause.

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 2:49 AM
  • Fully up to date, same OS (Windows 7 x64), same .NET framework versions. I don't see how the issue can pop up on one computer and not the other.. 
    Wednesday, July 25, 2012 8:37 AM
  • Hi GoYankees,

>>I don't see how the issue can pop up on one computer and not the other.. 

So the issue is gone away?

Best regards,

Mike Feng

Friday, July 27, 2012 5:35 AM